Chapter 5: Dragon Training, Why didn't you?

The next day, both Hiccup and Emily were both awakened by Gobber and Emily almost knocked another of his teeth out by accident when he barged in while they were still sleeping. So both he and Emily are heading to the Dragon Training Arena with their representative weapons while talking amongst themselves quietly.

They made it just in time and stood a little ways away from the other teens as Gobber soon lifted the gate of the arena to let them all in.

"Welcome to Dragon Training!" He cheerfully said as Astrid took a deep breath and went ahead with the rest following.

"No turning back." Astrid said as she walked forwards.

Both Hiccup and Emily felt uneasy by the whole training and fighting against dragons but they have to if they want to get the whole day to be over with so they can find that Night Fury and meet up with Optimus.

They looked around the arena with the other teens talking excitedly about their first day in dragon training.

"I hope I get some serious burns!" Tuffnut said eagerly as his twin nodded in agreement.

"I'm hoping for some mauling, like on my shoulder or lower back." Ruffnut said with equal eagerness that she and her brother shared.

"Yeah, it's only fun if you get a scar out of it." Astrid said as they stopped in the middle of the ring as she had a determined and ready aura around herself.

"Yeah, no kidding, right? Pain. Love it." Hiccup sarcastically added as the teens turned towards him with annoyed looks in their eyes as Emily just stood beside Hiccup.

"Oh, great. Who let them in?" Tuffnut asked in annoyance before freezing as Emily directed a glare towards him.

"You better watch what you say, Thorston. Or you'll end up with a broken nose like Snotlout here." Emily told him off as Snotlout gave her a glare.

Gobber quickly intervened before a fight could even start.

"Let's get started! The recruit who does best will win the honor of killing his first dragon in front of the entire village." Gobber explained as Snotlout decided to mock Hiccup about how he shot down a Night Fury

"Hiccup already killed a Night Fury with Winters, so, does that disqualify them both or...?" This made him and the twins laugh out mockingly at them as they resumed their walk in front of one of the gates.

"Can I transfer to the class with the cool Vikings?" Tuffnut asked as Hiccup just out a sad sigh before Gobber put a hand on his shoulder as they walked to where the other teens were.

"Don't worry. You're small and you're weak. And Emily is fast and smart. That'll make you two less of a target! They'll see you both as sick or insane and go after the more Viking-like teens instead." Gobber encouraged them before pushing them in line with the others as Fishlegs was bouncing in excitement.

"Hey, Fishlegs." Emily whispered as he greeted her back.

"Hey, Emily. Hey, Hiccup." Fishlegs greeted them both as Hiccup just smiled and adjusted his hold on the axe.

"Behind these doors are just a few of the many species you will learn to fight! The Deadly Nadder!" Gobber said and introduced each dragon as each gate was shaking with dragons growling behind them.

"Speed: eight; Armor: sixteen." Fishlegs noted as Hiccup looked at him weirdly but Emily just shrugged at him when he mouthed 'does he know more about dragons?'

"The Hideous Zippleback!"

"Plus eleven stealth times two."

"The Monstrous Nightmare!"