Chapter 2: This Is Berk

It has been two weeks of the dream and Hiccup made a true friend named Emily Winters. She was an odd girl around a year older than him or so. She just showed up on their beach and said that she doesn't remember what happened before she lost consciousness.

She was a teen with almost platinum colored blonde hair, fair skin and strange looking eyes and he could have sworn that he saw them glowing at night. Her attire consisted of a red tunic from an unknown fabric up to her upper elbows while her lower arms were covered by what looked like blue arm guards while her hands felt metal like.

She has a two layered shoulder pad with a symbol to it.

While another down to her the middle of her chest was what looked like the crest of a dragon.

Possibly from a tribe that she came from. She stuck by his side when she didn't need to and stood up for him when Snotlout and the twins were making fun of him. She even made him laugh when she miraculously pulled Snotlout's pants down. But right now, he just wants to sleep. He then tucked himself in as best he could and tried to ignore the grumbling of his empty stomach and knew that he should have eaten the dinner Emily made for him earlier.

He wasn't sure exactly when he'd fallen asleep, or how long he'd slept, but he woke up to the feeling of someone vigorously shaking his shoulder. He expected his father, but instead found Emily standing over him as the blonde spoke to him.

"I heard something outside. What's going on? What exactly is this place?" Emily said as she shook him awake.

It was the very early morning, with the light of dawn having yet to appear on the horizon. Hiccup pulled himself out of bed and dragged Emily downstairs with him before he started to provide the explanation the 16 year old required.

"This is Berk. It is twelve days north of Hopeless, and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death. It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery." Hiccup started.

Emily shivered at the thought of the cold. She was just glad that her clothes protect her from the climate of the world she is in.

She remembered the two weeks she had been living on the island. She and Optimus were separated from the others when the ground bridge malfunctioned by something and now he was just hiding in the woods since he wasn't allowed to enter the village without causing an uproar and she made a cover story to ensure their true origins remain unknown until further notice. She snapped out of her thoughts as Hiccup continued.

"My village. In a word - sturdy. It's been here for seven generations, but every single building is new. We've got fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problems are the pests." Hiccup continued as Emily raised an eyebrow at the word pests.

"What kind of pests?" Emily asked as she stood up. There was something about his tone that said she somehow already knew the answer.

"You see, most places have mice or mosquitoes." Hiccup told her while walking towards the door.

"We have..." He opened the door and the outline of a huge beast appeared hovering outside.

Noticing them, it spat a wave of fire in their direction. Hiccup barely managed to close the door before he and Emily were burnt. Both of them shared a look of surprise, fear and shock from almost becoming barbeque.

"... Dragons." Hiccup finished his statement in a whisper.

The two of them made their way outside, looking around and watching the chaos that was taking place.

A Monstrous Nightmare scorched the ground.

A Deadly Nadder swooped down and snatched a sheep in its talons, a Viking jumped up and held onto the sheep as the dragon took off.