{Fries and Ketchup}

{Cate's Pov}

I look in the mirror in disgust. I hated how I looked in mom jeans. I hated the way I looked in everything. Everything was to big or to small and didn't look right. My bones were popping out to much,  or not enough, or I looked bloated. I stripped the pants off and threw my sweat pants and tee shirt back on.

I walked out and tried my best to smile as I saw Penelope and JJ laughing happily.

JJ was perfect, I'd love to look like her. Blue eyes, blonde, and even Spencer liked her. Everyone did, she was sweet, pretty, and so smart.

"How about those?" Penelope asks.

I shake my head "no" and avoid JJ's gaze. Penelope just frowns but quickly smiles and insist we just keep looking.

As we're walking through the huge mall JJ decides to stop and get food. She says she'll call us whenever she's done and come meet us.

"You should lower your expectations." Penelope says as we're walking away.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I'm no quick- curl barbie, I mean cmon it doesn't matter what you look like as long as your happy." She stops walking.

"You know I was never cut out for Prom Queen." She continues.

I turn and look at her.

"I went through the same thing when I was younger that's how I know, and I'm worried your getting awfully thin, so can we please try to go get something to eat, it doesn't have to be much."

"Sure." I smile.

I follow her to the burger place. She places an order for 2 bacon cheeseburgers. We find a seat by the railing and I watch as the families and teenagers pass.

"They all look so happy." I mumble.

"Yeah, I miss my parents." She replies while looking out.

"You're parents are dead too?" I ask in shock as I look back at her.

"Yeah, yours?"

I shake my head "yeah" but before I can continue our plates are set in front of us. I take a huge sip of soda and mentally prepare myself for the food I'm about to eat.

Penelope takes a huge bite and let's a low moan out.

"This is delicious." She says with her mouth full.

I just laugh at her and take a small bite.

We continue to eat for about 10 minutes until JJ surprises us with a guest.

"Look who I found!" She cheers.

I take a sip of my drink while I look up. I start to choke on my drink and spit it out as I see Spencer standing there. He looks at me confused as I cough and cover my mouth.

"Oh my god you've got coke coming out of your nose, are you okay?" Penelope ask worriedly as she grabs some paper towels.

I shake my head 'yeah' and happily take the paper towels, offending eye contact with JJ and Spencer.

"Well I was going to get food and then I ran into Spencer, and Penelope you texted me you two were getting food so I decided why not we all eat together." JJ smiles as she takes the seat next to Penelope.

Leaving the only available seat open next to me. Spencer looks at me hesitantly before sitting down. It was awkward to say the least.

"So how's your leg?" He finally asks since JJ and Penelope were consumed in there own conversation.