{Fighting In The Car}

{Cate's Pov}

"I'm on my way." I hear Penelope's voice rush.

It had been 2 days since the mall, and we had been off 3 days since my injury. I quickly grab my phone and realize we have a case, but Hotch tells me I can stay off. I quickly get dressed and rush out my room.

"What are you-"

"I'm going to work." I cut her off.

"Oh no your not, your still injured. Your leg is still swollen!" Penelope shouts.

"It's fine I'm walking it's fine." I laugh trying to cover up the stinging in my leg.

"Ok well go brush your teeth I'll wait I guess." She says with a frown.

She cares a lot and I care for myself too, but I don't want the team seeing me as weak. Plus it'll help me build more endurance.

I run out the door after brushing my teeth and take the stairs in a rush. I run my hand across the railing as I race down the stairs.

"Shit!" I scream as I slip on something wet.

I mutter a few curse words but quickly get up and continue to run down the stairs. What a chain of events.

I take a deep breath of air as I jump into the car. Penelope i'm immediately starts the car and pulls out. Damn, must be late or something. I did fall- so that probably set us back a few minutes, but luckily she didn't know about it.

All eyes turn to us as Penelope runs to the meeting room. I take my time walking since my leg was hurting. 

Right as I'm about to enter the meeting room I'm pulled back harshly by my arm. I look up at Spencer who's gripping my arm awfully hard. I whine an 'Ow' and let my mouth stay agape as I look down at his grip on my arm.

"What the hell are you doing back?"

"There's a case, and your hurting me Spencer." I say a little scared.

"Your only going to hurt yourself more." He shoves my arm back down from his grip and storms into the meeting room.

I rub my arm a little and take a deep breath before turning back and walking into the room.

"You're back!" Emily cheers.

I smile and accept her hug.

"I admire your ambition to get back to work, welcome back." Hotch smiles.

I nod my head to him and take my seat next to Spencer, it was the only one open.

"So we've got three missing kids. They're not all from the same neighborhood, and candy was left at the door steps."

Penelope shows a few pictures of the crime scene and I look closely at them. They all looked almost identical. The houses, the doors, and even the candy, even though they aren't from the same neighborhood.

"Do we have photos of the kids?" I ask.

Penelope clicks a few buttons and the photos of the kids pop up.

Just as I thought the kids looked almost identical. They were all boys, about 10 years old with brownish black hair, green eyes, and freckles.

"We also have one who was killed and dropped by a park." She frowns.

"Well what makes him different?" JJ asks.

As they discuss I focus on the pictures. Everything was almost identical. The houses, the parents, the candy, the brownish black hair, green eyes.