{Free}

{Cate's Pov}

I rushed out the house as quietly as possible, lugging all the things I had in my name in a little bag. Today I had to find somewhere else to go after work. I'd get a hotel room, yes that sounds nice, would I want some bed bugs with it too?

I rolled my eyes at my own thoughts and walked onto the bus. I hated riding the bus, it made me so uncomfortable. I grabbed my phone and read the few text messages I had from the new team. I had a lot from Penelope, and I smiled to myself knowing maybe I would have a friend on the team.

"Is this seat taken?" A voice I'd never heard asked.

I looked up to see an older man with a gentle smile on his face.

"No, you can sit there." I smiled before turning my attention back to my phone.

He simply sat down and pulled out his phone and began scrolling through instagram. I didn't mean to look at what he was doing, but what can I say have a very strong urge to pick up every little detail. I bit down on the inside of my lip as I saw him liking and commenting on girls post that were perfectly shaped with perfect faces.

I mean I didn't even know the guy, but most guys did like the literal barbie shaped girls. Nothings wrong with that, but that negativity can really hurt people. I'd know I grew up with a sister who constantly mentally abused me, and still does.

I looked away from the screen for my own good and well for not invading his privacy anymore then I was.

I grabbed my bag and began to stood up. My vision blurred slightly, I felt awfully faint.

"You okay?" The man asked as I stood there for a minute.

"I'm fine, sorry just a bit dizzy." I laugh under my breath.

"Here, maybe you just need to eat here's an extra donut." He smiled and handed it to me.

"Thanks, but I'm stopping by the cafe anyways before work." I smile before walking off and handing him the donut back.

I run into the coffee shop and place an order quickly. I smile to myself as I carry the drinks and croissants, maybe this will make up for the spilled coffee on Spencer. I was proud of myself for ordering myself a vanilla latte and a croissant, usually I skipped breakfast, but I was really trying because I needed the weight and muscle.

"Hold the door!" I yell as the door starts to close.

A man reaches out his hand as he sees me running up.

"Thank you." I laugh under my breath as he smirks.

"No problem darling." Derek laughs.

"Hope one those coffees are for me?" He ask smugly.

"They are actually here." I laugh as I hold the drink carry in-front if him.

He picks up one of the cups and takes a large swig. He hums and let's out a low groan.

"Thank you I really needed that." He laughs.

"Late night?"

"You don't even know."

Before we could continue our conversation the elevator bings and opens to the main floor. We walk out together laughing at one of his pick up lines he told me he used with his girlfriend.

"Guess who brought us coffee!" He calls out to our team that's huddled in a circle laughing.

Everyone turns around and looks at me and Derek. Emily paused her conversation with Spencer, it looked like she was bored with it anyways and smile. JJ was talking to Hotch about what I assume is kids, since they both had kids. Penelope was just rushing over to me and Derek in her bright hot pink heels.