{Board Games and Apologies}

{Cates Pov}

I throw on a long sleeve t shirt since it was almost the middle of October. Hotch had ordered us to dress warmly and today was a team bonding day. I guess Hotch had a heard how awful me and Spencer were getting along. After the car incident and then the hugging, the next case was awful. I got coffee spilt on me that time. We also argued in front of the team, which was the breaking point.

I hop into Penelope's car she was letting me use since Penelope was out of town and turn the key in the ignition. I loved fall.

It was so pretty. The leaves changed, the air was a perfect temperature. I loved everything about it. I hummed to myself to the best of the music as I brought my drink to my lips while stopped at a red light.

Hotch had said in the message there was going to be things for everyone to do, since Spencer wasn't very sporty I'm sure there would be mind games or board games to play.

"There's our pretty girl!" Derek cheers as I enter.

I smile at him and wave my hands like i'm in a pageant. Everyone laughs, but one laugh was missing.

"Where's Spencer?" I ask.

"On the way." Derek laughs.

I nod my head and hand everyone their coffee.

I was the usual coffee bringer, but each time I seemed to get Spencer's wrong so today I chose a cinnamon roasted one.

A few minutes later in walks Spencer. The sunlight hit his curls perfect. He smiled as Derek called him pretty boy.

"Here's your coffee." I say nervously.

"Still trying?" He scoffs.

"Shut up and taste it." I grumble.

He shakes his head with a small smile on his face, he was fighting it.

I watch as he brings the cup up to his lips, but doesn't take a sip.

"Oh cmon Spencer don't tease me." I say crossing my arms.

He looks at me for a second before finally taking a sip. He looks back at me shocked, I notice he doesn't spit the coffee out on more or spill it on me. That was a good sign for now.

"You did it." He says almost in a whisper.

"Cmon pretty people let's get started."

I look over at Derek as he calls us over, but I couldn't stay looking away from Spencer. I look back over at him, he's already looking at me.

"You heard him go."

Of course back to the attitude. My smile slowly fades as I turn and head over to Derek and Hotch.

I watch as Derek and Hotch mostly participate in the athletic games on the field, I notice Emily and Spencer playing some board game so I make my way over to there table.

"What are you two playing?" I ask gently.

"Well it's mostly Spencer playing, but chest." She laughs.

"I love that game I can take your spot!" I smile at her.

"That'd be great."

Spencer looks up at me and I cross my arms studying the game. I can feel his eyes burning into me, I choose to ignore it.

Emily really wasn't a match against Spencer.

"No way." He mumbles to hisself after almost an hour of us going back and forth.