End of a new beginning

I had told Tucker that I would be back later than usual. After a lot of thinking I had decided to change my hair up a bit. Sure I will miss my long brown hair, but I have to do whatever it takes to keep Winnie a secret. Maxie drove me to the Cafe.

The shift was longer than usual. I had to stay longer than I intended too because today was very busy. Many people wanted our fresh doughnuts, pastries and coffee for new years. I'm sure I wasn't as busy as Maxie and Diesel but I was on my toes the whole day. People can be so rude when they haven't had coffee.

Personally I don't like the taste of coffee. It leaves a weird taste in my mouth. I enjoy tea or juice better. I'm sure as I get older I will like coffee more but I'm running good on juice.

The entire Cafe smelled so good the doughnuts took over the entire usual vanilla smell. My favorite doughnut would definitely be the resses peanut butter doughnut.

I gave a man the box of a dozen doughnuts. "Ready to go?" Maxie asked me giving me my coat. "Ready as ill ever be" I responded.

We got in her white car. Snow continued to fall as we drove to the hair salon. We reached the salon. We both walked in and waited for a assistance from a worker. A lady with black hair and bleach blonde highlights walked up to us. "Hi and welcome" she said kindly. "Hi I have an appointment for Parker" I told her. She looked down at a tablet. "Ok come with me" she said.

She sat me down at a black chair. The mirror has the name Lux in bright green and yellow curly letters. Ok so what where you thinking for today she asked combing through my hair. "Maxie can you she her the pic" I asked Maxie. She pulled out her phone and showed her a picture of how I wanted my hair to look.

"Alrighty then" she said grabbing a pair of neon blue scissors. I watched as she began to cut my hair. Long chunks of dark brown hair fell to the ground. My hair has held so many memories.

Pearl doing my hair so fancy for a party or nice dinner. Her hands worked like magic with my thick hair. Her fingertips were always gentle on my head. Not Penelope though she liked to pull my hair into weird styles. I feel as if I was cutting away those memories.

When I got out of my head. I saw my hair. Shd snipped the last of my long hair. She was grabbing foil and permanent dye.

She stuck a small chunk of my hair in the foil and glazed it with the dye. She repeated the process over and over again. With differant shade of dyes. I felt like the tin man with all the foil in my hair.

"Ok I'll let you know when its time to take it out" she said walking to another costumer. Maxie smiled at me as she walked over to me. "Do you think that you'll ever go back?" She asked me in a low tone. I went into deep thought. "Not for a lnog time" I told her. "I mean don't get me wrong I miss my family so so so much, but I just can't let them know that I made the mistake of getting pregnant and 14." I told her. "But it wasn't your fault" she told me. "I know" I told her.

We waited more. Then Lux walked out. "Its time to remove the foil she said. She began removing the foil from my hair. She took the last piece from my hair. Then rinsed my hair in water. And blew my hair dry. I admired my new hair in the mirror.

If definitely was a big change but I really did love it. I payed the lady for my hair. Then me and Maxie left to get my beloved child. I looked at the clock. That read 4:54 p.m. I can't believe that it took me almost an hour to do my hair. I get off work at three. So I was in their for a while. 

I didn't wanna distracte Maxie as she drive through the falling snow. I only got a few lessons from my mom about driving but thats about it.

I recognized the beutiful farm house as Maxie pulled up. I bolted out of the car not wanting to be in the freezing cold. I opend the screen door and opened the main door.