Chapter 8 (Act II): Cold to Hot Weather

"Come on, girls! Get in here!" Abby called as the girls headed into Studio A and the moms came in next. "Last week's competition was a big time wreck, we were invited back as winners and you didn't place? That's not acceptable and Aurelio said it best, it was a big time train wreck. When it comes to partner work, it has to be in sync right from the offset and it has to be cleaner, got it?"

The girls and moms nodded, then pyramid was next and on the lower level was Mackenzie, Nia and Brooke and on the middle was Chloe and Paige and on top was Maddie.

"Now we have that out of the way, this weekend, we'll be traveling to the cold winter of New York City to the warm, sandy beaches of Miami Beach, Florida!" Abby announced. "There's sun, sand and pool boys."

"Somehow i knew you were gonna say that, mom." Aurelio told Abby, who laughed before she went back into serious mode.

"We have a group dance that will even have Mackenzie known as Reputation, think about Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon in Beach Blanket Bingo, it's also one of Aurelio's favorite movies. Moms, when the girls get home later tonight, make sure they watch some of those old movies so they can see what it's all about as it's going to be the group routine."

"Gotcha." Melissa and Christi both said.

"Maddie, you'll do a solo known as All Of My Life, Chloe will also do a solo called Send Down Your Love, Nia has a solo as well named Balia and in addition, we have a trio called Les Divas which will have Maddie, Chloe and Paige."

Maddie, Chloe and Paige grinned and hugged, but Holly wasn't as happy whatsoever as she hoped Nia would be considered for the group, then Paige raised her hand as Abby turned to her.

"Yes, Paige?"

"Miss Abby, a little heads up, i have to get my warts removed from my feet on Wednesday, so i don't know if i'll be able to do the trio since i'm having a rough time walking on it." Paige said.

"Paigey mack, you aren't the only one that has plantar warts, i have them on my feet as well and mom's gonna take me to the gonna get them removed tomorrow." Aurelio admitted.

"So, your appointment will be the day before mine." Paige stated, before turning to Abby. "Miss Abby, if it helps, can i come with you and Aurelio tomorrow?"

"Sure and he can go with you and Kelly when you get your plantar warts removed." Abby responded.

"To be honest, i'm a little unsure since we can't change the appointment as i've changed it 15 times, but they did say she'll be ready to dance in 3 days." Kelly added.

"Unsure could be right, because we don't want Paige to be physically in pain while learning the trio, so we'll have to think really heard about this and we may have to put somebody else in the trio." Abby stated as Holly had hope that it may be the chance for Nia to be in the trio in case Paige couldn't do it because of the warts on her feet. "Paige, make sure to get that fixed and that takes priority. We'll also be traveling to Miami via Amtrak. So we need to start working on the group. Girls, spread apart and moms, you're dismissed."

The moms exited the studio and the girls began to work on their dances.

The next morning, Abby and Aurelio were arriving at the City Podiatry on 57th Street & 6th Avenue and with them was Paige as Aurelio was going to get plantar warts removed from his feet and Paige as going to get her plantar warts removed from her feet the next day and the podiatrist, named Heather Lewis who knows Abby really well.

"What's seems to be troubling you?" Dr. Lewis asked Aurelio.

"I've got three warts on my feet. Found out about them a few days ago and alerted my mom. I'm a dancer for mom's studio." Aurelio responded and after Dr Lewis told him some advice, got a towel and put it over Aurelio's ankle and legs so the procedure to remove the plantar warts. Aurelio was nervous as Abby held his right hand.