Chapter 17: 2012 Nationals

The next morning in Beverly Hills, the Abby Lee Dance Company was walking down a street and they arrived at the Saban Theater, the location of Nationals.

"Don't even associate with Cathy and her idiotic crew of apples. Ignore her and pretend she isn't there." Abby firmly instructed everybody.

"Got it." Aurelio and Paige said.

"Crystal clear." Maddie and Chloe added.

"Good." Abby stated before they entered the theater, got checked in and once that was done, they arrived at their dressing room and immediately, Maddie, Mackenzie, Brooke and Chloe started getting ready for their solos. "Girls! this is Nationals! You have worked all year long to get to this point, every day you've been in the studio rehearsing and every weekend that we have either flown, rode the bus or in cases that the competition is somewhere in New York City, which is our home, drove to a competition that led up to this point today despite drama from your mothers. What you do on that stage may change the remainder of your life!"

"Mom, what's the order?" Aurelio asked.

"Maddie'll go first, then Chloe, Brooke and Mackenzie." Abby answered.

"Chloe, since Maddie's gonna go first, we'll have you do some psyching out with Justice aka the secret kid of Carrot Top." Aurelio commented and that made everybody laugh.

"He's something else." Kelly laughed.

Back outside of the theater, Cathy, Vivi, Mitchell, The Candy Apples and their moms were arriving at the door before halting.

"This is it, we're here at Nationals and when it's all said and one, we'll be going back to Canton as it'll end the season, so let's end it with a National Title and send Abby's crew back home to New York with their tails between their legs." Cathy said, once they entered and got checked in, they went to the ALDC's dressing room door and started a "C-A-D-C" chant to attempt to intimidate Abby and crew.

"Like that's gonna intimidate us?" Aurelio rolled his eyes. "They're only making big time fools out of themselves."

"You're correct on that." Paige agreed.

"How those dancers put up with Cathy is a mystery." Mackenzie commented. "We'd be mortified if Miss Abby pulled something like that."

"Yeah." Abby sighed, annoyed over the Candy Apples, then she signaled for Maddie and Chloe to come towards her. "Maddie, Chloe, make sure to find Justice, get in his face and do a right turn."

"Turn like this?" Maddie and Chloe did a right turn smoothly."

"Just like that." Aurelio commented and then the stagehand came in and called for Maddie and Chloe, who headed to the stage while Abby, Aurelio, Gianna, Brooke, Paige, Mackenzie Nia and the moms headed to the audience with the Candy Apples sitting behind them and in the wings of the stage, Maddie and Chloe did a right turn in front of Justice, who looked intimidated.

"Welcome to the stage, Justice with Never Surrender!" Justice came on the stage and he stood on stage. The music stated and he began dancing, it was good even though he had flaws because of Maddie and Chloe intimidating him with those turns, when the routine came to an end, he posed and headed off stage.

"Snoresville." Aurelio said.

"What he said." Abby commented.

"If he wins, then something isn't right." Melissa added.

"Next is Maddie with Telling Myself!" Maddie came on to the stage and was in her spot, the music started and she danced like her life depended on it and when the music ended, she posed and left the stage.

"Judges, coming to the stage, Silence!" Chloe walked on the stage and immediately went into her starting pose and when the music started, Chloe danced like there was no tomorrow from start to finish and once the music ended, she posed and headed back to the dressing room with the other girls, then Abby, Aurelio and Gianna came in.

"Maddie, Chloe, wonderful job!" Abby said to the two dancers, who smiled at the dance teacher. "Those two solos you did are national award winning solos and it could go either one of two ways with either Chloe winning or Maddie winning.

"You two sat the bar really, really high for everybody else who'll be dancing today." Aurelio added, he and Abby helped Mackenzie and Brooke run through their solos before the stagehand called for Mackenzie and Brooke to head to the stage, which they did.

"Coming up to the stage, The Diary Of Anne Frank!" Brooke heard her solo be announced and she went on the stage, she was great with her solo from the very start and at the end, she did a pose and left the stage.

"Welcome to the stage, Mackenzie with Killer Bee!" Mackenzie went on the stage and she was amazing with her solo while Cathy was fuming and Abby, Aurelio and Melissa were loving it. Mackenzie did a pose and headed off the stage, everybody went backstage and there, they began to get ready for the group and when they got ready, Aurelio helped them carry their prop before he sat with Abby, Gianna and the moms.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the stage, The Storm!" Justice, Kerisa, Sarah, Taylor, Erika and Vivi came on to the stage and right from the beginning, there were flaws, but they got through the flaws and did a pose to end their routine before heading off stage.

"Had you been judging, mom, that routine wouldn't be winning or even placing whatsoever." Aurelio told Abby.

"Ditto." Abby said to her son. "But, we aren't judges and don't know those people, they can be unpredictable."

"Welcome to the stage, The Last Text!" The girls went on the stage and were in the car seat prop with Maddie and Paige up front, Brooke, Kendall, Nia and Chloe behind them and their dance was simulating a texting while driving theme, they did a pretend crash and began their dance and they did great, when the music stopped, they did a pose and the audience loved it, even Cathy had to admit it was amazing.

(Quick results)

Energy Petite Soloist Awards:

1st - Killer Bee by Mackenzie

Energy Teen Soloist Awards:

1st - The Diary Of Anne Frank by Brooke

Energy Junior Soloist Awards:

3rd - Never Surrender by Justice

2nd - Telling Myself by Maddie

1st - Silence by Chloe

Energy Group Awards:

1st - The Last Text by the Abby Lee Dance Company

The Abby Lee Dance Company successfully defended their title, they were now back to back champions of dance while the Candy Apples Dance Center would be heading back to Canton with their tails between their legs. Abby, Aurelio, the girls and moms went out to dinner to celebrate their Nationals win, they went to an award show a few days later, then the moms and girls flew back to New York City while Abby and Aurelio stayed to film a new show called Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition. Next season, they'd start their path to hopefully win a 3rd straight national title.

***
And that concludes Manhattan' Dancin. Be on the lookout for the sequel, Aureo In our Out?, which takes place in Seasons 3 and 4 of Dance Moms.