59. Hurting

"Of course I'll hurt you. Of course you'll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Manon, Ballerina

****************************************************

Ayaan:

As Sparsh and Ishika went with the doctor, my gaze landed over Sia. From what I have heard from Arjun and Ishika, I could easily imagine that currently Sia is like a ticking time bomb. She could burst any time given and when she does things will get ugly. Looking at the frail girl made me remember Sparsh and my mistakes which drew us apart. All I could do is hope that she would be strong enough to overcome everything and prioritize herself and Rags. Sia got up from her hospital bed robotically and took out the IV drip without flinching a bit and was about to leave the room.

"Going somewhere?"

And the girl jumped as if she has seen a ghost in front of her.

"Wh-what are you-"

She evidently shivered as I neared her and hugged herself.

"Escaping from reality aren't we?"

Her gaze drifted away from me as if she was ashamed while her demeanour shrunk further as I mocked her. Immediately I felt guilty for accusing her so I decided to give her the space as much as she needs.  While I handed over a water bottle which was placed on her night stand. She took it immediately and quenched her thirst as if she was parched for years. So I decided she might be hungry as well so I took out a banana and offered her. As if she broke from her trans and decided to respond to my previous question.

"Ra-Raghav... he deserves better... whatever... happened... it was all because of me. He wasn't supposed to be there in that house... he wasn't supposed to get hurt nor did Kriti aunty... it all happened because I was too stupid and... I didn't hide... I didn't hide myself well... I should have died... I should-"

"Yeah you should have. Soon after Raghav also would have followed your footsteps. You know what, I will arrange everything so that you both could die peacefully. Fine? Is that what you really want?"

I didn't expect myself to raise my voice but her behaviour regarding life and death was so casual that it irked me. Her whole body shook as she started to sob loudly while shaking her head rigorously negating my every word. For the first time in my life my heart broke for this girl in front of me, who is not Sparsh.

"What happened is not your fault-"

"Sia!"

We heard Ishika's voice from the other side of the room and as Sia's gaze travelled over her, she strode towards Ishika while I turned towards my wife who looked extremely worried as she glanced at Sia. I gently took her out while the two ladies were in their own bubble.

____________________________________________________

Sia:

Every single moment my eyes met the lifeless body of Raghav, my heart broke again and again. True everyone tried their best to reassure me that none of this is my fault and yet my heart feels heavy and pain gets unbearable whenever my thoughts go across whatever happened. It's been a month from that incident and Raghav has not been out of his comatose state as well as my nightmares never faded away. 

Due to the fear I never used to voluntarily sleep as the truth of that monster could get me and kill Raghav suffocates me. Police took my statement regarding that incident after five different trails as I felt like reliving the whole incident again and again. Sparsh Bhabi and Ishika did their best to take me to the counselling sessions and I couldn't find strength within me to do so hence I did my best to escape those sessions as possible.