20. Heart to Heart?

"She just smiled, said that she loved books more than anything, and started telling him excitedly what each of the ones in her lap was about. And Ove realised that he wanted to hear her talking about the things she loved for the rest of his life."
― Fredrik Backman

*****************************************************************************************

Sia:

"We are really privileged that you both are performing for our number. Just wait and watch our music number will be a hit within a day."

And I threw a big fake smile as much as I could because I am internally laughing at these idiotic producers who are bringing me on board who never faced the camera and wore those girly clothes to save her life. Ok, I did that once at that stupid conference or something but I was not acting lunatic which is much needed in this thing. A laugh erupted through me without any warning and I never the center of the attention.

"Umm... I-"

"I am famished, let's have dinner?"

Raghav interrupted me on time and saved my a** thankfully and I went ahead to gobble up the delicious meal so I rushed to the dining area she there were few things lined up in a buffet manner. I took my plate and hurried to grab everything which looked delicious to me a little bit and then Raghav came behind me and grabbed my arm.

"This will be the last time I am warning you, act like my girlfriend, and look like you are excited. Not like some freaking alien discovering new sh*t."

He whispered fiercely standing right next to me while the producers and the crew members were yet to reach the dining hall.

"Why do you say that I look like an alien? I even dressed better today, not my favorite denim and tee."

He made faces and grumbled something incoherent and left my hand to grab a plate while others entered the room at that moment. We all sat together on the vast dining table and had a hearty meal filled with conversation while Raghav was stealing glances with me. When I raised an eyebrow he pointed towards the director and producer who were sneaking glances at us here and there. Oh... That's why he kept on insisting that I need to behave more like his girlfriend. So I mustered up a bit of courage and winked at him straight away. As he was right opposite to me it was easier for me to do it so boldly. His jaw dropped and so did the other two pairs of eyes widened. My next move surely did startle all three people as I licked my lips and kept the spoon down and brought my fingers over my lips and sent a flying kiss across.

A cluttering of spoon was heard and some I've cleared their throat. I giggled and went back to finish my dinner. And for few times I and Raghav stole glances at each other. But this time, his head was down when I stare and that was really amusing and I knew he was staring at me when I turned away or focused on my food.

When we reached our guest house, Ishika went straight to bed after changing into nightwear as she kept on complaining that she is sleepy throughout the ride and so did I. But after an hour or so I didn't get any sort of sleep. I got up and made my way to that vast balcony and that was when I witnessed Raghav slouched on the couch and puffing out the smoke with a cigarette like a thing... I mean I have no clue what they call that thing.

"Why do you have to smoke all the time?"

He turned towards me and rolled his eyes.

________________________________________________________________________

Raghav:

She sat on the couch opposite of mine.

"Sorry, teacher... Don't go and complain to Arjun."