10. Aftermath

That she could smile while I hurt in ways I could not understand—it broke something in me. I did not understand the heart of her, then. She is made of brightness, too much for sorrow. Such a glad spirit—I am humbled now that she shared it with me.

Ann Aguirre, Aftermath

************************************

Arjun:

I took her medicines from the drug store and made my way to Sia's hostel through back gate. That hard who have a salute to me again as he already have got his bribe. I kept my hoodie as close as possible and reached to get room. I opened door and found Raghav and Sia really close. I grinned thinking to startled them but I myself for startled as I heard the door open with a thud and traveled Ishika who was already out of breath.

"Siyu are you fine-ahhh!"

I wondered say her scream and again I had no other option to clamp her mouth shut so I pushed her towards the wardrobe next to me and closed he mouth while her eyes went wide like saucers.

"Uhh first aid kit is at the edge of your bed Sia."

By saying that I dragged Ishika out of the room ignoring her muffled protests. 

______________________________________________________________________________

Sia:

My eyes widened at the situation which unfolded. They were definitely thinking that we were about to kiss. I face palmed myself only to wince as I felt a sting near my eyebrow.

"Why are you even like this? Show me your face I need to treat your wounds if you are going to be a baby and be scared of doctor. "

Ugh! Not again I don't want to get reminded of all the wounds I received today. I got up to get hot water while he took out the medicines. As I came back he took the bowl of hot water from me and made me sat next to him. He took a piece of cotton and diluted the detol while I couldn't help but  think about the situation. Whatever happened, happened because those girls hate me but what did my camera do? A lone tear rolled down my eyes thinking about it. I came out of my trance when I felt the sting of that detol when he applied on my cut lip.

"Hey-hey... I f*cking hate tears. I swear I will run away from here if you cry."

I chuckled at his statement.

"More like you will run away like a coward because you are scared of my tears."

He gave a sly grin saying at least you gave a smile which made me forget about the situation for a moment.

"Why are you sad? Is there anything I missed? Is anything hurting you?"

I just shook my head and sat in silence thinking what I will be doing for the submissions.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ishika:

"Why the hell did you drag me in that way? You are such an a*shole!"

I kept on hitting him continuously after we were outside the hostel I took out my whole frustration of not being with Sia when she needed me on this guy and to my surprise he just stood like a statue, like a non living thing or some tree.

"Are you done?"

It made me to lift my head and I felt embarrassed as he left a slight chuckle. I meekly gave a nod and we made our way to the nearest cafe. As we took a seat on a corner table a waiter came and took our orders.