--[1]--

'Happy birthday to you'. Finally, everyone stops singing and they all clap. Madison smiles and then starts to unwrap some gifts she got. She got some really cool stuff like a music speaker and wireless headphones.

Her grandmom comes up to her with her present.

'Already sixteen, your growing up so fast darling'

Madison nods and unwraps the gift she got from her grandmom.

'Thanks grandma for the book' she says with rolling eyes.

After she is done with the present she just walks upstairs back to her room without even saying anything to anyone. She really doesn't like it when her family comes to visit her and especially not when it's her birthday. She rather jumps out of a window than spend time with her family.

Madison jumps on her bed and puts her new wireless headphone in her ears with loud music so she won't hear a thing from downstairs. She looks outside up in the sky wondering when her family will leave so she cant finally get some rest from that.

After a while, her mom calls her from downstairs but of course Madison doesn't hear her cause her music is way too loud. After a few times calling her, her mom comes upstairs with a not so happy face.

'What on earth do u think ur doing in ur room. It's your birthday and your whole family is downstairs.'

Madison doesn't really care but goes downstairs because she doesn't want to be embarrassed in front of her family if her mom starts yelling at her. She sits down in her chair and eats some cake. All of her cousins are playing outside but she doesn't join them cause she's way older than them all.

'Madison comes to the living room real fast', says her mom.

She comes and sits down in a chair.

'So I haven't given my gift to you yet. So here is it. Before you open it I want to tell you something about it. What you are about to see has been in my family for centuries and has been given to the oldest girl in every family when they turn 16. Since you are 16 now it's your turn to take it.

Madison opens the box and sees a beautiful ring in it with a moonstone in the middle. Madison doesn't seem that impressed though and doesn't even put in on. She says thanks and goes back to the kitchen.

Not a few minutes later everyone starts to leave cause it's getting late and Madison also requested that.