--[2]--

Before Madison goes to sleep after her awful birthday party her mom comes upstairs to give her a sermon.

'Why Madison, Why? Why can't you be proud of some gifts or look happy once on your birthday? You get some many things and are so spoiled and this is all we get from you.'

Her mom walks away and the moment she walks away Madison starts to laugh. She is used to getting this sermon because well yeah it happens at least once a month if u ask her.

The next morning she wakes up late and comes late to school as usual.

'So Miss Madison what is this time your excuse for being late', her teacher asks.

Madison ignores her and sits down next to her friend. The class, maths, is boring as always so Madison doesn't pay attention at all. That's a big reason why she isn't passing almost any of her classes this year. She looks at her best friend and her best friend, Steve, looks back.

'Yo Mads what did you got from your birthday, must be a lot cause your family is so fricking rich.'

'Oh, you know the usual. I got some wireless headphones, a speaker, a book from my grandmom, and some other stuff. Oh ya and this stupid thing from my mom with a moonstone in it. She says it's in our family for centuries.'

'Dude that's cool, bring that speaker to school tomorrow so that we can blast some music during our breaks.'

Madison nods. The bell goes not many minutes after and she has her first break. She spends it with her friends and all they were asking was how her birthday went. She got annoyed about it so didn't answer anyone anymore who asked about it.

Her whole school day sucked for her cause her friends kept asking her about it over and over again. They actually got really curious about the ring.

'How does it look like? Have you worn it yet? Do you know what your mom meant with centuries?'

She told them all the story but regrets now that she did that. Madison got so mad that she couldn't control her emotions again.

'DON'T YOU GUYS SEE I HAVE ENOUGH OF THESE QUESTIONS!' she yells.

After that, she went home and didn't come back to school. Her parents weren't home so they wouldn't notice. All madison needed right now was so space from everyone.