~Chapter 5~ Sabito and Makomo

~Third person POV~
The next morning the two sleeping boys were awoken by the sun shining through the window in the shared room. Luckily Nezuko has slept under a thick blanket so the sun couldn't reach her. Tanjiro awoke and sat up rubbing his eyes and running a hand through his messy hair. He looked at the lump under the blanket Nezuko slept under and smiled. He was worried, since Nezuko was still asleep but pushed it aside. Suddenly a quiet yawn and some shuffling was heard as Hoshi sat up rubbing both his eyes with balled fists, making him look like a little child. His eyes were still closed as he wasn't used to the lighting yet. The sun hit perfectly on his face as he finally opened his eyes as the sun reflected off them, making them sparkle. Tanjiro flushed red at the sight, hoping that he'd be able to witness such a sight every morning. Then the sound of the door to the room reached both boys ears. "Morning. Get up and eat, then meet me outside to begin training." A groggy voice spoke, belonging to a still slightly tired Urokodaki. Tanjiro and Hoshi complied as they got up and changed into their original clothes, Hoshi's haori slightly slipping off his shoulder, having been poorly thrown on. Tanjiro slightly chuckled at his sleepy face as he went to the table to serve some rice that was made for him and Hoshi. Hoshi soon followed Tanjiro and thanked him while he clasped his hands together. "Itadakimasu..." He muttered slowly starting to fully wake up. Tanjiro copied Hoshi and clasped his hands together. "Itadakimasu!" He smiled as he gulped down all the food while Hoshi took small bites, blowing on the rice in between spoonfuls. "We should probably go meet Urokodaki before he kills us." Tanjiro said. Hoshi giggled and nodded and they both stood up and went outside.

~Outside~
"Finally. Now follow me." Urokodaki spoke as the two got outside. They followed the old man into a clearing in the forest, the morning sun peeking through the trees illuminating the the space. Then Urokodaki lifted a long bag off his back that Hoshi and Tanjiro hadn't even noticed. 'Did he have that the whole time..?' Hoshi questioned in his head as he looked at Tanjiro and saw his had the same reaction. Urokodaki then pulled out two metal swords and handed one to each of the boys. The sword was heavy but not as heavy as it looked. The size of the sword that Hoshi got was a bit too big for him, which could be an issue, but he didn't think much of it. "Now, swing the sword in an upper motion 1000 times." Urokodaki stated flatly. "What!?" Tanjiro squealed as Hoshi held a shocked expression. "I don't like to repeat myself, we'll continue when your both done." Urokodaki spoke then quickly ran off, jumping over trees back to the house. Tanjiro and Hoshi just shared glances before sighing in content and starting.

~Some time later~
"998...
999...
1000."
Hoshi then dropped on the ground, his arms felt like they were on fire. Soon after Tanjiro finished swinging his katana and fell to the ground as well.
Urokodaki appeared and let the two boys relax for a bit before leading them to a waterfall. "If you want to learn my breathing technique, you must become one with water." Urokodaki spoke and at that he pushed both boys into the flowing river. They both sat crisscrossed directly under the waterfall while praying. Hoshi kept silent, his eyes and mouth closed, slowly breathing in and out. "I AM WATERRR!!!" Tanjiro kept yelling, but stopped when he choked on water. After both boys were done with that... interesting exercise they were back in the same forest clearing. "Now... do you know how to breath?" Urokodaki asked Tanjiro and Hoshi. "Wha- of course?" Tanjiro answered, slightly unsure himself. It was an odd question, Hoshi was confused too. Tanjiro took in a deep breath then got karate chopped in the stomach by the old man making him choke out a few gulps of air. "That's not how you breath!!" Urokodaki yelled. Hoshi sweat dropped.

The days went by slowly. Both boys kept training with their swords. Running down the mountain, thought the traps were getting deadlier, and testing their strength. Hoshi and Tanjiro were getting stronger by the day. Hoshi had almost fully mastered the breath of water while Tanjiro.. Tanjiro was working on it.