Chapter Six

It's been a month since we were at Beau's and LIGHTS house. It was now January and not cold at all since we were still in sunny California. Riles has been depressed and won’t talk to me unless if she ask for me to get her junk food. I felt like it was my fault. Which was stupid because it wasn’t but I still felt that way. 

Yesterday we made it to San Diego and called my friend on a payphone, we met up at a cafe. I had the money and he had the IDs. I could easily afford it. He got our pictures, for out ID's, from Facebook. He did a great job at editing them. Me and Riles had to change a bit. I dyed my hair color to black and started wearing more make-up. Riles dyed her hair a darker red and starting to wear make-up. She never really did put on make-up so she's making me do it for her.

Before we were going to start walking on the highway towards Arizona I had to make a stop to pick up supplies. We were in really hot weather so we needed water and sun screen. After getting the things we needed plus two candy bars for Riles, I got to the check stand. The girl scanned all of it while staring at me. When she was done she asked "Can I see your ID, miss?" 

"Uh yeah sure." I said and reached into my bag to grabbed my fake ID and handed it to her. 

She Looked at it carefully. "Oh you're from Cali?" She asked.

"Uh yeah." 

"Really? You look very pale." 

"Oh I visited my mom for couple months. I just got back." I said smiling. 

"Ohhh okay." She said nodding. I grabbed my ID and the bag and walked out. I handed Riles the candy.

"Hold out your arms and close your eyes." I said as I grabbed the sun screen. She put the candy in her pocket and did as told. I sprayed her arms around twice and her face. I put my stuff down so she could do the same to me. After I put the sun screen and water in my bag we started walking towards the highway. 

After an hour or two of walking we sat down for a minute. "Cass?" I heard her say.

"Yeah?"

"I called Elliott on a payphone..." She said.

"Did he pick up? What did he say?" I asked.

"He says he misses me.... and he wants to help." 

"How?" 

"He and his brother are going on a road trip to wherever. He invited us to come."

"He'll drive us to New York???" I asked excited. 

"Yeah" She said smiling. 

"Where are we going to meet him?" I asked.

"He said he'll be driving down this highway and he'll keep an eye out for us." She said grinning. 

"THAT'S FANTASTIC!" I yelled smiling and grabbing her into a hug. We twirled around laughing. 

Another half an hour later we were sitting picking grass. We heard a horn honking over and over. We looked up to see a shiny black Range Rover head slowing down in front of us. I saw Sklyer driving and Elliott hanging his head out the passenger side. He whistled to Riles as she got up. She instantly turned red faced. Elliott got out to hug her then he grabbed our stuff to put it in the trunk. Riles got in and sat in the seat behind Skyler I was about to get in when Elliott stopped me. "I'll sit in back. You can sit up front with my baby brother." He said with a wink. I nodded and got in up front. 

"Hey it's my little runaway!" He said when I closed the door. I grinned as we started driving. "So how has your life been?" He asked. 

"uhm.... Kind of hard. Without a real home and all..." 

"Do you miss your home?" 

"Psh. Hell no." 

"Why?" 

"Because I have no real family there." 

"How?" 

"You sure do ask a lot of questions." I said sourly. 

"Sorry. Touchy subject I geuss.. "

"Yeah... "

"Sooo.. How about some food?" Elliott said awkwardly from the back. 

"TACO BEEEELLLL!" Riles yelled. We laughed and Skyler nodded as he got into the exit lane. We found a Taco Bell and pigged out. I didn't choose what I got. I didn't really care, I was just hungry. After we ate and hung out it was about 9:00PM. "Where are we right now?" I asked.

"We're in Tucson, Arizona." Elliott replied. 

"Can I use someone’s Iphone." Sky handed me his after he set it up to a map for me. Sky didn't want to drive so I did since I was the only one still wide awake. Elliott and Riles got in the back, sky in the passenger side. I got in driver’s seat "I'm going to stop at Starbucks for a drink." I said. I got three 'uh-huh whatever's. I smiled and started driving into the night.

(A/N SO FREAKING SORRY I TOOK FOREVER TO UPDATE. It wont happen again I promise. I'll try to update every Friday or Saturday )