Chapter 6

We relocated to the alpha's office, which Alectos, Blaze and Jan went in to further discuss security and such while me, Hector, and Rain waited outside, in the guest lounge. An omega brought us some lemonade before scampering off. There was no way to put it nicely. I was agitated and anxious to know what Rain needed to tell me and what he kept from me. But he was casually sipping on the lemonade, relieving in the fact that I will be away from Alectos for a while.

"So, what happened? What do you know?" I asked impatiently, after a few more moments of silence.

"I am not letting you stay with him. He's a werewolf. You will be safer with us." He told me with a strict look in his eyes.

"That's not what I'm asking about!" I sighed exasperatedly, "And of course I wouldn't think about moving in, I don't even know him that well!"

"You're not?" Alectos asked with a slight disappointment in his voice. I shrieked and pushed him forcefully away.

"Don't scare me like that!" I exclaimed before running to check if he is okay. Rain sighed and facepalmed, shaking his head.

"I must say, you have quite the strength for a Mage." He laughed, "This is the second time you manage to push me away."

"I'm not a...Wait, the second time?"

"Yup, the first was our encounter at the school gates. Although that was kind of my fault for suddenly approaching you." He apologized sheepishly, making me blush for some reason.

Hector choked out a cough and covered his mouth. But nothing can conceal the fact that he was shaking with laughter.

"You should have seen that day. He was dejected like a puppy that he forgot that he was babysitting. When we finally figure out why was he depressed so suddenly, he remembered about the pup he was supposed to take care of, and we were on a wild goose chase. That was until you brought the pup to him. He was so excited to see you again but didn't go forward so that he doesn't scare you away. He then instructed Hector to take care of you, well, me too but you insulted me. So..." Jan explained while Hector and Blaze are on the floor laughing. Rain had a 'wtf are you doing look' on his face.

"That wasn't all, the day that he found you in the forest and didn't scare you away, he was so happy he didn't do any work but stalk you to and from school every day," Hector added on after he calmed down from his laughing fit.

"What!" Rain exclaimed, "You stalked him!"

"Well, I didn't want to scare him!" Alectos argued back and I just sighed.

"Okay, stop. That is not what I want to discuss and I don't really mind him stalking me." I interrupted before they could start an argument about it. Rain glared at Alectos while Alectos just smugly side-eyed him.

"Alright," I started off, "Can someone tell me what did Spade say after I passed out?"

Rain grumbled under his breath but knowing that I wouldn't back down until I learn what I need to know, he unwillingly revealed what he knows about the Four Kings, about them being a protector.

"There is no way you can trust that guy." I firmly declared, which made Rain let out a sigh.

"The job of the King is to protect, you have to trust on that." Rain tried to explain.

"HE KILLED IN FRONT OF ME!" I shouted, trembling from the emotions that are threatening to spill out.

"He said it was an accident, although which part, I'm not sure." Rain said, looking sideways. He knows that it's very flimsy logic but for now that is all they can believe in.

"THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR KILLING MY FRIENDS AND EVERYONE AROUND ME." Tears were running down my face, anger was blinding my mind. The agitated shadow beneath me was starting to shift, already cracking the floor beneath me. Blaze instantly set up an isolation field and Jan dashed in front of Hector protectively. Alectos stepped behind me and wrapped his arms around me. My feeling didn't dissipate or calm down but my shadow stopped acting up. Rain wasn't surprised, neither did he move away. He just stared dead into my eyes.

"Shade, you are right. There is no excuse for what he has done, no matter the reason. But he didn't make excuse either." Rain stated. What?

"From his words, I think that he knew he screwed up. After all, he knew who your mum is." Rain continued, giving me more questions than answers.

"My mum?" I asked.

"Yes, your mum. Clara Guilt. One of the strongest Mages to grace this planet. She died protecting you." Rain finally revealed. Clara Guilt, that was my mother's name.

"How about my dad?"

"Unfortunately, Clara never told us who your father is."

"So that means...I am a mage?"

"That is what we would like to think. Unfortunately, we are not able to tell what your abilities are."

"Why not?" Alectos asked. "Aren't all Mage and Witch suppose to test and verify their abilities to put it in the record at the Magic Association." Blaze and Rain looked at each other, silently communicating on what would be the best answer.

"The shadow you all just saw, destroyed their devices when he was about to be checked. When Clara told us to take care of Shade, she told us not to trust in the Association." Blaze explained.

"What is that...thing?" I asked, looking at Blaze for answers.

"I'm...not sure. It seems to be similar to your mum's shadow magic but the more we know, the less likely it seems to be your mum's skill." Rain tried to explain her abilities. Apparently, my mother has the skill to create Shadow Soldiers but they are usually controlled by her. In comparison to mine which seems to be sentient. "There is a chance it belongs to you, but that is unlikely too. You would be able to control it if it were that, and shadow magic is rarely passed down through heredity."

It doesn't seem like I will ever find who this curse belongs to.

"Alright, putting that aside. Taking into account what the King said is true, Jan and Hector will be appointed as guards while Shade is in school. Alectos will help with guarding whenever I and Rain are not at home or is at work but it has to be at our house since the barrier set around our house is capable of protecting him from all sorts of magic and spells." Blaze informed everyone in the room about the current plan.

"Until Blaze and I finish setting up the barrier around the pack, Shade will continue to stay at our place. That is also to make sure that the both of you aren't moving too fast." Rain ended with an 'I dare you' glare towards Alectos. Alectos just ignored it and gave me a quick kiss on my forehead, much to Rain's dismay.

"Now I get to spend time with my mate." He commented with a huge grin on his face.