Chapter 5

My body was sore and hurting from the various event that happened last night. Rain explained a few things to me after I woke up, but I could sense some sort of tension in the way he did it. As if there was something he was not telling me. I want to know more, to know what happened but he seemed very unwilling, so I didn't pry at all. He did explain who the Four Kings are which didn't seem to make any sense. Why would Spade be a protector? If he is a protector then what is the meaning of killing people? But there was no way for me to get the answers, for now at least.

"Shade, are you okay?" Blaze asked, "You haven't been eating much."

"Ye...Yeah," I answered hesitantly. "I'm fine."

"There's no need to make excuses." Blaze sighed, putting the spoon down on his plate. "You're thinking about the guy again right?"

"Yea."

"So?"

"Why would he do those things? Why is he here?"

"I don't know. But if that is what you want to know, I'll do my best to investigate."

"No...I don't think that is what I want."

"Well, I'll be here to help when you need it."

"Thanks...Da..."

"Time to go boys, chop chop." Rain interrupted which made Blaze sigh. I was glad that he did though. I almost called Blaze 'Dad'.

I got up from the chair and took slipped on my shoes before walking out with Blaze to his car. We are going to visit the packhouse today and meet the Alpha. Rain and Blaze were insistent that we go at the earliest possible timing due to the things that happened.

The drive was pretty normal I suppose. We turned into a dirt path that seemed to be flattened for cars to drive through and there were pretty much just trees everywhere. Several wolves could be spotted running beside us as if trying to figure out who we are before reporting to the Alpha of their pack. Several curious ones ran beside our car but deemed it to be too slow and ran ahead first. After a short while, we arrived at an enormous courtyard with a huge mansion at the very end. Surrounding the courtyard were smaller houses in near rows.

Rain turned into the front of the mansion and we got out of the car. Hector was standing there with a grin on his face when he saw me got out of the car.

"Your friend?" Rain asked, nodding towards Hector.

"Yup." I whispered to him before walking over to Hector.

"Shade, I'm so glad you are able to make it. Welcome to the Moon Drip Pack, Mr. and Mr. Kastion." Hector greeted and opened the giant doors which look mostly mechanized if I'm being honest. But that wasn't what caught anyone's attention. Everything else that happened was a blur. I could hear Hector's yelp in surprise, a few ladies scream, Rain's gasp and let out a tirade of insults about bad behavior while Blaze is laughing on the floor rolling.

The moment the door opened, a 6'7 mass of muscle tackled me down into a death hug. I didn't receive any injury since the massive...person did most of the cushioning but I was just in a state of shock at the cuddling mess I was trapped in. I was held there for several minutes until everyone else around me finally processed what happened and tried to convince the male to at least get me inside the house.

"MINE!" He growled the moment Hector tried to come near me. I'm currently sitting on a rather large couch. Wait. Let me rephrase that. I'm currently sitting on the lap of a muscular guy, whom I've met for the first time only, who happens to be on the couch. Rain shakes his head, glaring at the guy trapping me while Blaze was still trying to keep his laughter in at the sight.