Chapter 9

Purple fumes wafted through an old chimney, a cackling of a witch could be heard from a distance. A lone man, clad in a grey robe walked through the dark abandoned forest. The usual crows were not in sight, intimidated by this man, whose muscles could not be hidden even under the largest robe. He walked right up to the house and gave it three knocks, pushing the door open without receiving an answer.

"Candice! Have you not gotten the boy?" He boomed, voice echoing throughout the house.

"Of course not, do you think it is so easy to find the boy?" A female voice rang out irritated from the nearest room.

"It seems that your title as 'The Witch' must be a joke." The large man said. He stared at the witch and the witch stared back at her.

"If you think it is so easy then why don't you go find him!" She spat, "If it was only one guardian, I could have easily overcome the spell, but having two of them means more work. Simple math but I don't think your brawny brain can even do that."

The man growled but said nothing. Over the years, he had tried to find the boy but his effort was in vain. Blaze and Rain were not leaving any form of trace, and he didn't have a way to communicate with them. He had no choice but to leave it to the one who received 'The Witch' title. With her prowess in magic, she will be able to find him with due time.

"I would have been able to seize that boy if 'The Jester' did not interrupt my spell ten years ago." She sneered, "What were you doing then? Letting him get his way. As one of the
Four Kings and Titled 'The Beast', you better prove your worth, or else I might have to take things up a notch."

"We Four Kings are just here to protect the supernatural realms. This time, I will be the one to get to the boy and make sure that he has the protection of my kingdom." The Beast said and turned to leave. Black feathery wing burst forth from his back and he took off into the sky. The door of the witch's house closed and she retreated back into her room with a certain magic circle spread out on the floor.

"Oh, you can be sure that I will find the boy and finish what I started. An Elemental and a Titled in one body. That boy is too dangerous to be left alive." She sneered with an evil look on her face.

At a faraway land, hidden from the world was a kingdom where many different shapeshifters came together. 'The Beast' landed on his balcony, where his feline advisor was waiting to receive the king.

"Your majesty, the report has arrived. It seems that a scout managed to catch the scent of the boy." He reported as his tail casually swished back and forth.

"Alright, prepare the study room. I will head over."

"Of course."

With that, the advisor left the room.

"Well then. Can I ask why you are here?" The king sternly demanded, staring into the corner of the room that was unusually dark.

"Oh. I didn't know you could sense me, Gretel." Spade said as he shifted out from the darkness.

"Nonsense, you didn't even bother concealing your presence." Gretel huffed and took off the robe, revealing a magnificent sight of muscles that exudes power.

"Well, that is true."

"So. What does 'the Jester' want from me."

"Nothing much, just that you might wanna be careful trusting that witch," Spade gracefully danced past Gretel and sat on the balcony. "It seems that she is planning to do something to the boy."

"What do you mean?" Gretel demanded.

"Nothing much, it's just that she has been making some...unfriendly connections," Spade answered nonchalantly.

"Ridiculous! Each of the Titled has a responsibility to guard the world. Just like you and I, even though I do not agree with your methods. If you didn't interrupt ten years ago then he would be safe now!" Gretel declared loudly, making the trees shake from the mere vibration.

"I wonder about that." Spade stated as if he knew something more.

"She is 'the Witch', there is no better proof than that!"

"That is if the Title had chosen her," Spade commented before hopping off the railing and jumping onto the nearest tree. "Well, consider yourself warned Mr. Diamond. And you might want to speed up on the protection."

With that, Spade disappeared into the darkness.

"Damn it!" Gretel bellowed and kicked his bedroom door down. The advisor yelped in surprise and instantly bowed to the seething king. "Toru, go get the report now. Tell the team to get ready to deploy and send an investigator to the witch's forest."

"At once," Toru replied and scurried away.

"How dare that bitch play with me! There is no time to lose, if she manages to get her hands on him then it will be a disaster." Gretel muttered angrily to himself. Toru quickly arrived and handed the documents before running away to inform the various groups about the king's instruction.

I will definitely protect him this time, Gretel thought to himself. Not only for the boy's sake but also for all those who had to give up their life in order to save his. And that witch had better be prepared. No one messes with 'the Beast' and gets away with it.