𝟑 - 𝐎𝐧𝐲𝐱 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬

because i have no self-control whatsoever
—————————————————
The week had gone by so slowly and the weekend was no better, although I did catch up on some lost sleep.
I went to work on Sunday and it was the same uptight, snooty customers, with the genuinely nice people being the minority. As my shift went on the more tired of the patrons I became and the darker my attitude sunk, unbeknownst to the customers.

I walked up to my occupied table without looking up and started my repetitive monologue with no enthusiasm whatsoever.

"Welcome to the Riz. I'm Mya. I'll be your server tonight. I'm here to accommodate your dining needs, please feel free to call me over whenever as you dine. What can I get you started off with tonight?"

Instead of an answer to my question I got a deep laugh, to which I looked up from my notepad in shock and was met with the onyx eyes, glinting with amusement and a wide toothy grin.

"Well that surely was an enthusiastic welcome, 10/10 for sure.", he said, thick with sarcasm.

"Sorry, Kohl was it?"

He nodded an affirmative and said, "Thanks for your very warm welcome I'll take a plate of your artichoke dip and-", with a quick glance to the menu, "the Balsamic Marinated Flank Steak, with a water please."

After he was done listing off his order he flashed me a wide smile, my pen stopped moving momentarily, stunned. I returned jotting down the order and nodded as I repeated his order back to him.

"I'll get that right out to you.", and left to put his order in.

A couple minutes out I had given him his appetizer and water, and by the time he'd finished and needed a refill I was bringing out his main dish.

As I served him his food, he surprised me by grabbing my forearm, stopping me from leaving. I quickly turned toward him with a frown marring my features, and he quickly let go, embarrassment flooding his face as he registered what he did.

"Umm...what do you recommend on the menu here?", he said, uncertain.

I was confused at his sudden inquiry since he already had his food. I'm sure the confusion was apparent on my face, because he tensed up as if he was expecting me to yell at him.

"To be perfectly honest with you, I've never eaten here but- ", I skimmed the menu that was still on the table, "the Italian Sausage Farfalle Pasta sounds good, so does the triple fudge caramel brownie...if you're up for dessert that is."

"Ok thank you."

With his short response, I walked off to clean off my other, now vacant table. About twenty minutes go by, no other customers were brought to my section, so I went to check if Kohl was ready for his bill.  As I walked up to his table, I saw his plate was empty and he was finishing his drink.

"How was it? Was everything to your liking?"

"Everything was delicious and if it's no trouble to you, can I order what you recommended earlier; the farfalle and the brownie, right? Also, can I order another water with lemon? To-go, please."

"Of course, I'll get that rung up and out to you shortly."

I walked off to put in his order and ring up his tab. When I was done, I brought it back to him. I left the sleeve on the table as I headed to pick up his to-go order. When I came back with the food and drink, he was gone with a hundred slipped in the slot and a note on a napkin.

 When I came back with the food and drink, he was gone with a hundred slipped in the slot and a note on a napkin

I looked from the note to the money, and then back to the food. I am dumbfounded, his meal was only fifty dollars, not including the to-go order. He gave me a thirty-dollar tip on top of paying almost twenty on the meal that is presumably 'mine'.

He must be some kind of angel to offer this kind of kindness to a stranger he knew nothing about except my name and where I worked. I was in a daze, overwhelmed with shock as I had caught a ride home and climbed into bed after devouring the meal gifted to me. It was delicious, I chose well. I mentally patted my back for my good decision.

I slept to the image of a mysterious, yet kind stranger with captivating dark eyes and charming smile.

——————————————
aww that's so sweet Kohl is an angel <3

Q: what's your favorite restaurant and your go-to menu when you go there?

i love Olive Garden, my go-to is the unlimited chicken and gnocchi soup with the garlic breadsticks.