𝟗 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

bc im feeling like shit rn and bc ive been absent i give you a chapter as a peace offering
———————————————————

The next day I woke up on the couch with the same pajamas I had on yesterday under the heavy weight of Arden's legs on my chest. I pushed their legs off of me, and sat up, squinting at the sunlight that came through the window.

I stumbled sluggishly to my room to get ready for the day. By the time that I'd washed up and tamed my hair, Arden was up and milling about.

"Last night was fun," they said to me as they looked in my cupboard for food.

"It was, until I woke up with your stanky-ass feet in my face," I say thinking back to all the movies we watched yesterday.

I also remembered their never-ending commentary and millions of questions that could have been answered had 'someone' just watched the movie.

"Aw don't be like that, it was fun, I know you enjoy me being here. C'mon, don't be shy to express some emotion, my little robot sister."

I waved them off when they decided to start doing the robot dance.

"Yeah, I had fun but I have work tonight, so you're going to have to find a way to entertain yourself tonight."

"Aw, why? Don't go~ call off sick or something."

"No, and that's final," I said sternly and at my response, they pouted.

"Don't look so sad Ari, you look like somebody died."

"Someone did," they say with a grumble and a huff

"Oh, and who may that be?" I inquired with a smirk on my face.

"My heart," they whispered for dramatic effect.

"Ha, yeah right," I snorted, "I'm going to check the mail, ok? I'll be right back." I say, already opening the door and on my way out.

As I closed the door, I saw Arden with a feigned offended look and a hand covering what they said I'd killed.

The trip was quick, a short elevator ride, got the mail, and right back up to my apartment. I set the mail on the counter and went to clean up the living room from the tornado, that was us last night.

"Bills, bills, targeted ads, college pamphlet, ads, and Ooh~ a letter from a Mr. Kohl."

I was paying Arden no mind, but that got my attention. I snatched the letter from their hands,
"Gimme that."

They put their hands up in mock surrender, "Ok no need to get grabby ."

'Hmm, why did he send a letter when he could just visit?' I thought. I opened the letter and read it silently,

 I opened the letter and read it silently,

"So~ what'd it say?"

"Just that he's out of town visiting family, so our plans are postponed. You know what I don't think I want to go to work today. I think I might call in today."

"Why the sudden change of plans? Does it have anything to do with a certain guy whose name starts with a 'K' and ends with 'ohl'." they say in a teasing tone.

I rolled my eyes at them and went to call off from work for the week. For the next few days, that's how it went, the constant back and forth between them and me, the seemingly endless movie marathons, and tons of junk food, honestly food in general. We rarely left the apartment that week, except to restock on snacks or pick up takeout from the Chinese restaurant down the street. Until the awaited day came: Saturday.
————————————
this one and all of of the others are not proof read sorry for any mistakes