𝟏𝟎 - 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞?

"Oh my gosh Arden, you're literally getting in a car and driving home, you don't need to look runway ready." I groan as Arden asks me about their outfit for the sixth time.

"I know, but you gotta look presentable right?"

"Well, you haven't been taking your own advice as of late, have you?" I say, thinking about yesterday's attire, messy hair, tank top with chip crumbs, and shorts with what I think was a queso stain.

It seems like they were thinking along the same wavelength as me because they covered their face in embarrassment and groaned.

"No. We will never speak of this again, it's in the past, and that's where it will stay to never come out into the light."

I chuckle at their dramatics.

"Well it seems like you're all set and-" I say and a small ding from their phone on the side table interrupts me, "-and it seems like your ride is here come on, don't want to keep them waiting." I finish, ushering them out of the apartment, toward the car downstairs.

After a short elevator ride down we stand by the doors of the car and hug. They pull me tighter towards them and whisper in my ear,

"Thanks for hanging out with me this week Mimi, it was fun, we should do this more often."

I smile softly from their sweet words but then playful push them off of me and say,

"Oh stop being so dramatic, we're not in some romance novel. I had fun too, besides I'm coming home soon for Thanksgiving, and Dad's birthday isn't so far after that, so it's not that long we'll be separated. I love you Ari, have a safe trip."

"Love you too," they respond as they get in the car and close the door, and quickly, the car drives off.

"That was so sweet, I think- I think it might have given me diabetes." a familiar deep voice says behind me, making me turn around quickly.

"Kohl?" I say shocked, "How long have you been here?"

"I came here to pick you up, I thought it would be a good idea to study at my house- fewer distractions, but I can see you're not quite ready yet." He answers, amusement seeping into every word,  surveying my outfit.

I look down as well and notice that I'm still in my pajamas. 'Well, this is embarrassing.' I thought.

"Guess I better get ready then, you're welcome to come up with me since I'm going to see your house, it's only fair you see mine."

"Ok, just because it's only fair.", a smile widening on his face.

We go up to the apartment, and I show him quickly around.

"You can sit here while I go change, make yourself at home."

I go into my room after that to get ready as quickly as humanly possible. I may or may not have dressed nicer than usual, but who can blame me? I style my hair and look into my full-body mirror. 'I think I look pretty good.' I thought with a nod of my head. I walk out of the room into the living room to see Kohl silently waiting for me, on his phone.

"I'm ready," I say to announce my presence, ignoring the slight tremor in my voice out of nervousness.

He looks up immediately and then a smile spreads across his face.

"Alright, your phone is in the car, are you ready to go? Got everything?"

I nod and we head out to his car.

"My place is a little far from here, so get comfy." he briefs as we hop into the car.

He started it up and off we went. About an hour later, he really wasn't kidding about the distance, we near a large two-story brick house with no one around for a long while.