Taking care of me.

"I'm glad school is over, now I'm with you!"
"I love you Chase"
"Love you too. So, you excited for Saturday?"
"Of course! Are we gonna get the couple opening day photograph package?"
"Whatever you want" kissing me.
"Let's cook burgers and fries tonight"
"I can make an awesome burger" he says so energetic.
"Hah, we'll see about that tonight"
As we walk out of the school I hear people talking, saying, their relationship goals. I wanted to say something but, I figured better I hadn't. We pick up the groceries and head back...
I lay the knife I had been chopping onions with on the counter's edge as I turn to watch Chase make up his burgers. I come out of my daze to the smell of my fries half burnt, sprinting to the stove, I screech as a pain comes through my side, I set the fries off the eye before turning to look what I hit, seeing Chase's eyes widen and the knife I had been using on the floor, I look at my side, taking my hand off it, all I see is bright red blood, "baby" Chase says, seeing a tear run down my cheek. I quickly run into the bathroom, Chase follows, he sets me on the sink & grabs a wet rag . "Ouch!" I scream. "It's okay Babygirl" giving me a kiss. "This is really deep, you need stitches."
"It hurts too!" "Hold this on it & stay here while I grab a shirt" handing me a rag, he comes back a minute later, picking me up, I lay my head on his chest, the pain is really bad, I can sense he knows, especially by my breathing, he keeps repeating "it's okay" as he drives to the hospital. He totes me inside and right on back, he sits beside the bed & holds my hand as they stitch me up, finishing it off with a bandage. "It's gonna hurt for a little while, but you can take ibuprofen." "I can stretch and do cheering Friday & Saturday right?" "It's not recommend but, I understand it's opening day so yes, keep a bandage on it though." "Okay thank you." Then Chase carries me out, he sets me in the truck & I lay on my back, as I whisper "kiss me"
He slowly climbs over my body to reach my lips, "you make me fall deeper every time I look at you." He whispers between kisses. He cautiously climbs over me to the drivers side, "are you still hurting?" "Yeah." "I'm sorry baby" I close the door before laying over on him.

By the time we get back she's asleep, I tote her up & lay on the bed with her on my chest...