7

I Am Me

=-=-=-=-=

"Morax. It's been a millennium. I can't bear to see you like this," she said as she put her hands on his shoulders and began to massage them. "I can't rule over them all by myself. The humans are getting anxious. They need a ruler and a ruler needs someone to assist them. I'll lead, but I need you."

"Lady Guizhong-"

"Use me," she said as Morax turned to her. He looked so hopeless.

"I can't use you. Besides, it wouldn't be the same," he said as he stood up and started to walk away when Guizhong grabbed his arm.

"Do it for me. You know how I've been in love with you all this time."

Morax looked up and sighed.

"Lead the way."

><><><><

"By the way, how were you in Pearl Galley at the same time as me? I thought you went to Northland Bank to meet Childe?" you asked as you journeyed to Jueyun Karst to find this so-called adepti.

"We did. We were about to travel when we decided to look around for a bit. Then we noticed you going to the Pearl Galley so we followed you," Aether explained as Paimon floated from behind.

"So, what happened between you and Mr. Zhongli?" Paimon asked the most awaited question. You were torn between telling the truth and avoid to answer. It wouldn't do any harm for you to reveal what happened you also felt like it should be something private between you and Zhongli.

><><><><

"Answer me. Don't make me force it out of you, Diana," Zhongli said as cupped your face, making you see a mournful expression plastered on his face as he gazed in your eyes. "Your eyes really remind me of her. How lovely...and sickening."

You were shocked as you tried to digest what he had just said. He was obviously referring to you in your God days. You know how a God's eyes never change even when they take a different form, which made you wonder if you just actually took another body and slept for 2,000 years.

"How dare you call my ey- my Goddess Alma's eyes sickening! Who are you to her-"

"So you are not refuting the fact that you're connected to Alma? It would be impossible for you to inherit her eye color unless you're Alma herself, or...her child?"

"What in the- Where did you get that conclusion?" you getting frustrated as your conversation was going nowhere. You couldn't re-mention his "sickening" statement as he was clearly not letting go of the Alma topic.

He cleared his throat, stood up, brushed off the dust on his outfit, and spoke, "We shall continue this at another time. I at least expect a believable excuse regarding your background."

><><><><

"We're here. This is the place, right?" Paimon asked as you walked around the place.

"Who are we that dare to enter Jueyun Karst?" someone spoke out from behind you. You turned around and Aether immediately answered.

"I was sent here," he said as he handed a piece of paper. Apparently, he's one of the adepti Childe was talking about. He's in a form of a brown stag with some green on his neck. He looked at the paper an at you.

"Looks like I've found you, Goddess Alma. He will be very pleased. Although, I'm not sure why you've hidden you spirit energy to this extent. Do you not wish to meet him?" he bowed at you as you turned to your companions. They shrugged and handed you the so-called Sigil of Permission to make you hand it to the adepti.

"Considering we're in Liyue, by 'he' you mean Morax? I'm don't know what contracts you have with him that involved me but please don't tell him it's me," you said as you handed him the Sigil of Permission.

"Very well then, Goddess Alma. I'll relay it to the other adepti that you're here. Now, what business to do you have with me?" Before you could reply, the Millelith appeared from behind, shouting that the assassinator has been found.

"Border interruption I see. I will not have them in my presence. Traveler, Goddess," it stated as you and Aether looked at each other and nodded.

After a few minutes of fighting, the Millelith eventually fled, making you turn back to your head.

"Thy Goddess's energy is simply astonishing to witness. I am honored for the display."

"No need to so formal to me, Moon Carver. Now, we're here because I have been accused of assassinating Morax with Aether and Paimon as my accomplices," you explained as Moon Carver grew visibly furious.

"Liyue Qixing...utterly disappointing. To place suspicion on someone very dear to Rex Lapis for his death."

"Very dear, he says. He doesn't even recognize me as Alma," you thought as he continued speaking.

"The mind knows its answer. Though one must consult with one's fellows, lest the mind be misguided. Take your Sigil of Permission, carry with you a message. Mountain Shaper and Cloud Retainer can be found here. There exists a Conqueror of Demons, a Guardian Yaksha. Go to Wangshu Inn, there you shall seek him," he finished, making you recall a certain odd boy by the top of Wangshu Inn.

"By any chance, Moon Carver, that this Yaksha you speak of is a small boy who carries a spear as a weapon?" you asked as he nodded. You three thanked him and set off your journey to find this Guardan Yaksha.

=-=-=-=-=