12

Lies

=-=-=-=-=

It's too calm. The man before you is unsealing your memories, but not a single headache occurred. It's peaceful, but this revelation has taught you so much, including out the man in front of you.

"I see, I understand now, Venti. Thank you..." you said as he reached for your hair to fix it when you slapped it away, "...for doing me a favor for knowing who you are, you evil God. You manipulated me in doing your bidding while you watch behind the scenes. You fucking monster!"

"W-Wait, that's not how it is-" he tried to reach out to you before you walked away, but an invisible barrier stopped him. You weren't sure yourself, but you thanked the barrier before leaving the forest.

"Who on Teyvat wants to seal her memories so much?"

><><><><

"Ajax, you'll never guess what happened- WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WALLS?" you arrived at midnight to find Ajax hammering down some wood on the cracked walls. He gave you a quick smile before continuing.

"An uninvited guess barged in and got angry, so he broke the walls. Anyway, what happened, my love?" 

"Venti 'unsealed' my memories," you exclaimed as he tensed up. He asked you to continue while his voice slightly quivered.

"It was funny because he was so eager to help me, but then it turns out he's the bad guy! He's one of the people who hurt you, my poor Ajax!" you huffed as he laughed. He's always like this. He laughs at serious topics.

"I don't care what happened to me. What matters is what those Liyue people did to you," he said as he stood up and cupped your cheeks. "I'm sorry. I didn't think about that God bringing back your memories. I should've gone with you."

You laughed as you proposed to go together to Liyue tomorrow. You recalled working at the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. You were incredibly close with the Director, who had great wisdom in running the parlor. 

It took you half a day to reach Liyue, thanks to Ajax's "shortcut." You had an odd connection with some of the teleporters, and your hands moved around by muscle memory. When you arrived, you got a lot of stares from the locals. You paid them no mind, considering your history in the city.

"Meet me in the Northland Bank when you're done, ok, darling?" he said he as gave you a peck on the forehead and waved as he left. "Don't make me wait too long! I love you!"

"...I love you too, Ajax!" you said as you ran away as soon as you spot him stop dead on his tracks and look at you. After a few minutes of running, you stumbled upon the Wangsheng Funeral. As soon as you stepped in front of doors, the employees quickly called you the most annoying name you'll ever hear.

"MS. DIANAAA!!!" they screamed a thy clung to you with teary eyes. They were on the verge of fainting when the door opened, revealing a young-looking girl with a hat with red flowers.

"What is the noise out here?!" she yelled, causing the people clinging to you flinch. They were trying to make out words while pointing at you. You sighed as you tried pushing them away.

"For the last time,  I am Anna not-"

"Diana?"

"Yes, that. That name. I am not that," you frustratingly said as you entered the establishment. "Where's the director?"

"That's me, not-Diana person. What does my favorite not-employee need?" she sarcastically said as she crossed her arms. You blinked a few times before laughing out loud.

"Oh, is our little girl playing director? I never knew Hu Tao had a child. My memory must be completely messed up," you said as another employee entered.

"Director Hu Tao, we still haven't found Diana," the man said as he handed some papers to the girl. You once again blinked a few times as you looked at the girl with a smug face.

"The Hu Tao I know is a middle-aged lady! What's with my memory these days?" you said as you looked at the man behind her. He was handsome, a different kind of handsome from Ajax. He had brown hair with goldish ends. As you stared at his eyes, the worst headache occurred as you grabbed your head and flop down the floor. The man immediately rushed to you as he yelled the same name Venti called you before completely fainting.

><><><><

"WHERE IS SHE, ZHONGLI?" the angry Ajax barged in one of the Bubu Pharmacy's private rooms for patients. He immediately pointed his melee weapon at Zhongli's neck without any room for anyone to refute. The Herbalist tried to calm the air but instead, Ajax pointed him the other melee. "Explain."

"You don't deserve an explanation."

"SHUT UP, ZHONGLI! SHE DOESN'T DESERVE YOU, FUCKING PRICK. I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DON'T ANSWER ME!"

"Try me, you manipulative psychopath," Zhongli argued as he pointed his spear at him.

"Oh my Gods, please be quiet. The patient you're both fighting over is literally S.L.E.E.P.I.N.G. I advice you to take this matter outside before–"

"Ajax...?" you called as you woke up, still lying on the bed. You heard a 'right here' before you felt a hand making its way to yours. You held it tightly as a man watched bitterly at your interaction.

Before he left with Hu Tao, you called out for him, "Do I know you, mister? I only get headaches when I talk to someone I know, and my head ached the worst with you."

You see Ajax stare at you before turning to the man. You also looked at him as he stared back at your lover, hesitating to answer.

"Then, please remember me from now on. I am Zhongli, the Consultant of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor."

=-=-=-=-=