Chapter Thirteen

Alec's POV

Zane and I had gone searching around the area. What we'd heard was branches of trees breaking from the straign of the weight. Very large trees and very large branches. Some one was scouting. We'd searched but we found nothing and no one. And they're catchig on.

"Why do we need to move her so quick?" Addison asked me, a bit puzzled.

"The assassins are catching on. They're watching, waiting."

"Yeah," Addison said, looking a bit worried. "That reminds me. Of two things actually. While Hev was pouring some water, a man appeared in front of the kitchen window and watched her for a split second. And then she screamed and dropped the pitcher she was holding. Which brings me to the other matter. She cut herself when she dropped it."

"What? She needs to have it looked at then!"

"That was the other matter. I watched it, with my own eyes, heal right up within seconds. Just close up." She looked down at her feet and fiddled with her fingers.

"What? What are you saying?" I asked dumbfounded.

"I'm saying we should listen to you and move her quick. Like...tonight. Right now." She looked at me^^ with a determined expression on her face.

"You really care about her, don't you?"

"She's the only one..."

I sighed and looked at her. "I know. I know she is. You go tell her that she'll be staying at 'your' house for a while. I'll tell Luna to prepare a spare."

"Alright," she said. "Get to it."

Heaven's POV

I woke up and it was oddly quiet in the house. Had I remembered to lock up? Yes, I'm positive I had.

Addison was laying on the bed next to me, her eyes closed and she looked peaceful. I quietly got out of bed, making sure I didn't move the bed to wake her up. I left my room and fed the kittens that were downstairs before I went to the bathroom. The kittens had already opened their eyes and were crawling by now.

My favorite kitten I had named 'Smokey' and called him 'Mokey' because he looked like a whisp of smoke, but acted like a monkey.

"Come here, Mokey." The little tike came bouncing in the kitchen like he owned the world. Then he started to crawl up the side of my pajama pants. His claws weren't that sharp, but it kind of stung. I let him do it, though. Until I could get his something proper, I would have to deal with it.

I started at making breakfast for the lack of something else to do. Bacon, eggs and grits were starting and the aroma filled the house with its sweet, juicy smells.

Not five minutes later, Addison walked in the room rubbing an eye, as if that would help her wake up better.

"Oh," she said surprised. "Good morning. I didn't expect you to be up this early. I was actually going to make breakfast myself." She smiled and looked to see what was cooking. "Add a little mayo in those eggs," she said peeking over my shoulder, and walking to the bathroom.

"Mayonaise? Why?"

"Gives it flavor," she said shrugging. "Hey, when we start eating, I have something to talk to you about."

"Hm? Alright...sure."

About fifteen minutes later, we were seated at the table eating. She flinched everytime she ate a bite of the food. Of course, she did that when she was eating her own cooking as well. I had seen her do it before.