Chapter Nineteen

My other three stories have also been uploaded. Check those out if you want!

-Aphie

I woke up in a hospital bed, but I didn't feel pain this time.

I got up and walked out of the room. When I walked out, I asked a nurse what happened.

"You fainted inside a room holding a newborn baby. We ran tests but didn't find anything to lead up to why you fainted."

"I just got a little hot," I lied. "Is my sister still in her room?"

"Oh, yes. They're a little worried, but we made her stay. A young man was here a little earlier, said he would be right back. They're still in Jada Cage's room. Would you like me to show you the way?"

"Yes, please."

"Follow me," she said, putting a clipboard down. I followed her all the way to where Jada was, which wasn't where she was last time.

"Heaven! Are you all right?" She asked frantic.

"Yes, I'm fine," I said to Jada. "How's, um...how's Haven?" I asked, feeling guilt consume me. If she was hurt, it was my fault.

"She's fine, Hev. Are you sure you're all right?" Addison asked.

"Yes. Can...can I see her?" I switched feet and looked at the floor.

"Yeah, she's right here," Derek said. He held Haven up to show me. I turned around.

"I'm glad she's fine," I said and walked out. I didn't know where I was going until I found myself in the temporary parking garage. I found the car Addison was using and leaned against it. When I glanced inside, I found the keys still in the ignition, probably from our haste in leaving the car.

I hadn't planned on it when I came out here, but I needed to be alone for a while. I knew Addison would be mad, but I had to. I got in and started the car. I would deal with the consequences later.

When I left, I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't know where I was when I stopped the car until I was shaken away from them by a loud noise from the woods. I looked up to see a familiar little cabin. A smile automatically found its way on my face. My dad built this cabin just before they adopted me. It's where went to celebrate. It was small, but I loved it. I turned the car on again and parked in the garage this time. By now, it was late afternoon.

I slowly walked into the cabin. Every summer this is where we came for two weeks. I didn't turn the lights on. We rarely used them at all. Although it had electricity we hardly used it. We only used the plumbing. I gathered some logs and started a fire, remembering the first time we came here.

"Where are we going now, Dad?" I said the word every chance I got. I was still so unused to saying this word, I loved the sound of it on my voice, simply because I'd never heard it before.

"It's a surprise," he said smiling.

"I'm so happy you're here!" Mom was sittin gin the back with me, and she hugged me tight.

"I am too. You're funny, mom. I liked your dance in the courtroom."

"Did you? I did it just for you. Come on, now, close your eyes." I closed them and felt her hands over my eyes. When I felt the car stop, che helped me out. And then she moved her hands.

"Wow, it's so pretty!" I screamed, jumping up and down. "I wanna live here!"

"Well, we can't live here, but we're here for a couple of weeks. Come on, let's go inside."