Chapter Twelve

Sorry this ones so short, but it's a rush job, so here you go!

Okay, again VOTE VOTE VOTE. It's one freaking click! And to those who are voting, I'm very thankful. So write down a story of yours that you want me to read and give some honest feedback on, and I'll do it. But vote first, I'll know who voted and who didn't!

~~~~~~~~~~

Alec's POV

We heard something.

It was three weeks after her initial return to her house. So why make a move now? Addison had already left, so who would stay with her? Certainly not Scarlet. I didn't think it's be a good idea for Luna to stay with her, either. I guess I could stay with her. She was in a sort of depressed state. Yesterday at school she filled out the break release form. I'd done the same with her, and Zane just said he'd be fine skipping.

"Shit, we gotta check it out, Alec!"

"Right, I'm coming Zane. Shit! Who the hell is gonna stay with her!?"

"I can ask if I can spend the night. She invited me earlier."

"Okay, Addison, go!"

Addison's POV

That dumbass. He wouldn't even suggest I do it, and she's my friend! But really, something wasn't right. I had to do something other than spend the night. I don't even sleep!

I stepped away from the cover of the woods behind her house. Several weeks ago she told me that if I ever wanted to come to her house, I needed to use the back door to knock on. Since her parents were murdered, she didn't want to take any chances. I didn't blame her.

I knocked on the door very lightly. Even if she was asleep, she'd hear it because, only seeing her sleep a couple times, she was an extremely light sleeper. She looked out the window in the kitchen.

"Addison? Is that you?"

"Yes, it's me." She came to the door and unlocked it.

"What are doing out here so late?"

"I was thinking that I would take you up on that offer to spend the night...If it's alright..."

"Yes, yes, of course! Come in. Help yourself. So what made you change your mind?"

"Actually, I really didn't want to be alone tonight...I know it's selfish but..."

"Oh, that's fine, don't worry about it. I don't want to be alone either. But since I'm turning 18 in a month, there's nothing that can be done. I'm actually scheduled to go see Brenda's lawyer tomorrow. Would you like to come?"

"Hm? Sure I would!" She seemed so lonely these days. I had been watching her secretly for a while now because I'd seen her in some of the recent visions I'd had. Only one of them was bad. So I kept a quiet eye on her. I mean, we aren't really sure who she is yet, or if she's anyone at all. But it seemed odd that both her parents died, and were murdered. It wasn't random. We knew that.

And Alec told me that before her mother died in the hospital, she told Heaven that assassins were after her. If what she said was true, then it was possible that one vision of mine could come true! Hell, we'd be screwed if it did!

I slowly walked into her living room and turned on the t.v.

"Would you like something to eat? To drink?" She called from the kitchen.

"Just some water, but I can get it!"

"No, I'm already in here."

Then tv was on CNN. But then it changed to local news. Figures. They were talking about murders. They always did.

What the hell?! They were showing updates on the murders of Brenda and Don Cage! I turned the tv up.

"Just over a month ago, elders Brenda and Don Cage were murdered in their suburban home. Survived by a son and two daughters, Brenda Cage died in the hospital just after arriving. Don Cage was pronounced dead at the scene. While local county officers are working this case vigorously, it has been discovered that one daughter of theirs, only in high school, was allegedly raped by a doctor in the hospital while her stay there. No proof has been given, however, officers are also working this case. Jody Flicier is live on the scene, Jody."

"Yes, Monica, I'm here at the Union General Hospital in Blairsville, and take a look at the video I caught earlier." The video started at the entrance of the hospital, and the phony doctor was being arrested. He was handcuffed, and taken by a police officer to the patrol car and pushed inside. "Did you do it, Dr. Cleak?" He simply looked up at the camera and smiled.

"I'll get you, Heaven Cage, I'll get you!" He started to laugh hysterically and the door of the car was slammed shut.

"Is that a confession!?" Then the video cut short.

"That video seems to indicate that Dr. Cleak did, indeed rape the minor Heaven Cage."

"Did you call my name Addison?" I hastily cut the tv off.

"Uh, yeah! Is everything okay in there?"

"Of course!" She walked in the living room holding a glass of water and a tray full of snacks.

"Hev, I told you that water was fine," I said smiling.

"I know, but I did it anyway. I just felt I needed to."

"You don't need to do anything for me."

"I know." She smiled and showed her pearly whites. "I'll be right back," she said. "I'm going to the kitchen."

I loved it when she smiled. She always lit up the room, in anywhere she was. It was just that her smile was so sad. But we all knew why, and the only thing that could help her was time. But right now, the only in her way of healing was the unknown person or persons near her house, close enough that it was in our hearing range.

A scream.

A blistering, ear piercing scream.

From inside the house.

Heaven!

"Heaven!!"

What...what the hell? "Heaven?"

"A-there was a-a man, he came, an-and looked, at the..."

"Calm down, Hev, what's wrong? Take a breath and say it slow."

She breathed deeply and sighed. Closing her eyes, she said, "I was pouring something to drink in front of the window and some guy showed up right there." She pointed to the window in front of the sink and I realized the curtain was pulled back.

"Some guy?"

"Hmm. And it scared me so much I dropped the pitcher." She closed her eyes and tightened her fist.

"Heaven...let me see your hand." She looked up at me and sighed. When she shook her head I bent down, so now I was eye level with her. I took hold of her wrist and lifted it off the kitchen floor. And then I watched, with my very own eyes, at the gaping hole in the middle of her palm close within seconds. The blood that had escaped her open palm was the only thing that remained on her hand. "Heaven, how long has this been happening?"

She looked back at me and her eyes were filled with sadness. "It started a couple weeks ago. When I cut myself shaving. But it just...healed back up and the blood washed away."

I stared into her eyes and knew she was telling th truth. Why would she lie? She hadn't a reason to. "Uh..Houston...we have a problem..." Suddenly, as I knew, there was a knock at the door. I reched it and opened it to find Alec there. "Tell Zane to start looking for someone in this area." He nodded and walked away for a moment then a second later he returned and walked through the door.

He found her in the kitchen and took her upstairs. After she was asleep, he looked at me with an odd expression. "We need to move her. Fast."