Chapter Ten

Not making any excuses. Read my profile comments if you want to why I haven't uploaded in a while. At the end of this story, I'll require at least 15 votes and 10 commets. I'm not demanding too much, and it's only a simple click. So please do it. Here it is though, the story:

P.S. I'm very happy at all the reads I've gotten. I would have thought that maybe a couple hundred was the most I'd get, however, apparently that wasn't the case. I have to thank my readers for pushing me, or well, just making me want to keep going. Thanks so much. And I'd very much love any suggestions or comments. Thank you again!

P.S.S. PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING!!!

At the end, there will be some sexual content, and I advise you at least ask a parent before reading if under the age of 14 or 15. It is mild, but it's still there, and I needed to warn you before you read on. Thank you for reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heaven's POV

I was so numb. I mean, who wouldn't be? I'd lost everyone I loved in less than a day. It'd been nearly two weeks. Alec comes to see me a lot. So does his dad, to check on me. I'm thankful for that. It's really all I wake up to. I was depressed. I refused to eat. The only way I'd eat was if Alec was in here. And I still didn't eat by myself. Sometimes he fed me. He didn't seem to mind, but my arms wouldn't lift; my legs wouldn't move. I apologized a lot, and all this did was make him angry.

"I'm sorry, Alec, you don't have to," I'd said one night.

"Heaven, for the last time, there is nothing to apologize for!" He said frustrated.

"I'm sorry."

"Let me teach you something, Heaven. Do not apologize. It's a sign of weakness." He lifted my chin one night while he was feeding. "Do you hear me, Heaven?"

"Yes." That's really all it was now. One-syllable sentences. That's all I could really manage. Any more and I'd break down into tears.

"Heaven, You know when you told me about your kittens at home yesterday?" I remembered that yesterday they were still there. So I told him and he promised me he'd look after them until I got home to do it myself. I didn't even ask him to, but I was thankful.

"Yes. I do," I said, though it was barely audible.

"Well they're doing great and I took them to the vet today after school. That's why I was late getting here. They've all had the shots they need, and everything else to be house cats." As this sank in, I shot my head up.

"Alec! How did you pay for all that? There were six kittens, plus the mama!" That more than I'd said in two days.

He cocked his head and smiled. "It doesn't matter. Now eat," he said, shoving a spoonful of nasty hospital, gooy goop into my mouth.

An hour later, he was still in my room. But this time he wasn't welcome.

"I don't want to hear about school!"

"Heaven, you have to keep up, or you'll flunk! Brenda would never have wanted that!" He said while dodging all the "items" I was throwing at him. He stopped in front of me and grabbed my wrist. Apparently we'd become good friends. Because if he were not a friend, I'd break his wrist. I think he might have known that to.

"Don't talk about Brenda so freely!! Fine, Alec. I'll work on the stupid homework. But I still don't want to. Now let me tell you something, mister! I don't even have to listen to you. I just do because I don't know what to do myself!" I finished, feeling justified.

"I know you don't, Heaven. That's why I'm trying to help you," he said quietly. "Now then. Here's all the work that's missing and if you don't know something just let me know and I'll help you."