Chapter Fifteen

This is going to be an all Heaven's POV. Hope you enjoy!

Heaven's POV

We made our way to her 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. (A side note, it was an amazing car, one I would love to drive!) I got in the passenger's side of the car and waited for her to get in. When she did, she handed me a spray in an odd shaped, dark-tinted bottle and told me to spray it on me. I didn't ask why, I just did. In fact, I didn't say anything for most of the ride there. I didn't even pay attention to the way to get to their house.

"You know," she said quietly, looking straight ahead. "You just have to see the looks on everyones' faces to cheer you up. It's going to be so funny! But, a warning, just stay away from Scarlet for a while. She'll mull it over for a couple of days and then get over with it. Well, of course, they all knew there was a possibility of you coming." She chose her words carefully and took a glance at me to see my reaction. I didn't say anything, so she went on. "They just didn't really think you would stay with us. They didn't think that...Never mind..."

When I still didn't say anything she gave up on trying to 'cheer me up' and 'make conversation'. I didn't mind her talking. I was just thinking, and I suppose she took it the wrong way. But I still didn't say anything. I couldn't. Because, like so long ago, I was changing homes again; changing families. At least with the last ones, I knew I could have gone back to them. But now I couldn't; they were gone forever.

Without knowing it, I began to cry. And then, I began to quietly sob. This would be the last time that I would ever cry again, I vowed to myself. No more. None.

I heard Addison sigh beside me. "I'm so sorry," she said, with true sadness to her tone.

"It's alright," I said, saying the first thing since I got in the car. "There is nothing anyone could have done." And I meant it, saying it more to myself then anyone else. "It was just their time to go. And besides...they're not gone forever; as long as I always think about them, they will never really die. And I will, you know....I will always think of them." I didn't say much after that, even though I did say a few words here and there.

After thirty minutes of her driving, I wondered when we would get there. And then she suddenly said after a moment:

"We'll be there in about ten minutes. Prepare yourself. It's going to get loud, so I hope you don't have a headache or anything. And, um, spray some more of that spray on you." Now I wondered.

"So what...is it for, anyway?" I asked quietly after I had already sprayed it on. "I don't...stink, do I?"

"Well, no, you don't stink. Actually you smell really good. A little too good. Whatever you wear, it smells good, and it's strong. That spray just dulls it a little bit. That's how they would know you were there before you even got out of the car. We all have, um...a strong sense of smell, I guess you could call it."

What an odd thing to say. Oh well.

"Now, what I want you to do is this: Don't think. Don't think about anything. Nothing, can you do that?"

"Um...sure, I think." She looked skeptical. I honestly did not blame her; I wouldn't believe an emotionally and mentally unstable girl either. I didn't really know if I could, what with all that's happened recently, but I at least needed to try.

I don't remember much after those few moments. I just remember closing my eyes and seeing a perfectly clear...nothing.I think I might have managed to see, to hear, to smell, to think of nothing. Though I wasn't quite sure at that point.

In no time at all, we were there.

And I had no idea of what to think. No idea of what to say, of what to do. I was hopeless, and I was pointless.