Chapter Four

• Dedicated to All my fans and readers, keep doing what you do!

Hey, sorry, but all of these are going to be real short. But that's only just the first handful of parts! It only the introduction and I have to make sure I'm doing it right. I would seriously appreciate any tips or hints on the story! I'm new at writing small stories like this on a computer with parts, and it's going to take some time getting used to. But I'll be sure to do it soon! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate anyone who reads this, whether you like it or not.

Vote, comment, tweet, like!

Thanks in advance! =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt a terrible pain course through my body as I tried to move. At first it was like when your foot falls asleep, it's annoying, but it goes away. But then it got more tense, more....DEFINED, and as I concentrated on the sheer pain, I reminded myself that it should be over soon, no matter what it was. And I was right. It was over. I took several more minutes before I got up out of bed. I looked around and noticed the clock. 7:26. Well, then.

It sure was a good thing it was Saturday then, wasn't it? I laughed quietly to myself. Yes it was a good thing. Usually on Saturday, the first thing my friends would do would be text or call their boyfriends or girlfriends. Most of my best friends were boys. When girls were best friends, all it carried was drama. I had friends that were girls, yes, were they my best friends? No. And I hated drama.

But I didn't have a boyfriend, nor was I planning on it. Heather and Brittany always tried to hook me up, but I always refused. I mean, come on! There's time for love AFTER school, and right now, I was concentrated on getting a scholarship to Georgia University.

I left my room to take a shower. I always needed one after I woke up. I felt that if I didn't have one, I'd be dirty all day, so I took it as early as possible. Walking down the stairs slowly, I saw mom at the kitchen table. Her hands were over her mouth and her head was bowed.

"Hey mom, what's wrong?" I asked nervously. I walked closer to see that she was smiling vigorously.

"Oh, dear, it's not what's wrong, it's what's right!" She exclaimed cheerfully into my arms. I cocked an eyebrow, completely confused. "Darling," she said, "Your brother is going to be a daddy!" I smiled at her at laughed with her.

"My brother" was actually not my brother. He was her real son, the only child, beside my sister, that she could have. That's how she ended up adopting me.

"I'm so happy! Derek's always wanted to be a dad!" Derek, my brother, had always wanted to be a dad. But when he found Jada that changed. They loved each other so much, that he was willing to give up his dream of being a dad. But you see, Jada wanted to be a mom too, it was jsut that she couldn't have children, or so we'd thought. And now, here we are, and I'm going to an aunt!

That was what I'd thought. Then, I hadn't even known the beginning of my past. I was so happy, that I easily pushed the gnawing feeling I'd had in my stomach away.

I called Derek and his phone answered on the first ring, seeing it was this house. "Hello?" His deep voice asked so excited.

"Derek, I'm so happy for you! When it the baby due?!"

He laughed loudly and waited a moment. "The baby's due in August, Heaven. And guess what? It's the 26th of August!"

I felt my mouth fall open for a moment. "No way!" August 26th was my birthday. My BIRTH day. She's going to be born on the same day as me! I mean, yeah sure, it happened all around the world, but not to anyone I had known.

"Heaven, I want you to come over as soon as you can to help me plan for the nursery. Jada's missed you by the way. And so have I. So come to visit as soon as you can. Okay?"