Chapter 6

The crowd began shouting in disbelief, jealously and anger at the two opponents

The crowd began shouting in disbelief, jealously and anger at the two opponents. Half of the crowd was jealous and angry at both Poseidon and Gilgamesh.

"You should be honoured mongrel, no one has ever had the chance of becoming completely mine." Gilgamesh said.

Poseidon waved his trident swiftly across making the water around the arena come upon Gilgamesh to hopefully drown her. The crowd gasp in shock at this retaliation.

"Ah, I hope Poseidon-sama succeeded, a woman more beautiful than me...well." Said Aphrodite smiling menacingly. Ares and Hermes flinched at the site, remembering the times of the goddesses wrath.

Heimdall took the chance to commentate, "LOOK HERE FOLKS, THE ONE AND ONLY TYRANT KING OF THE SEAS HAS MANAGAED TO SUBDUE THE KING OF HUMANITY, WILL THIS BE THE END OF HUMANITY AND THE GODS QUICK VICTORY!!."

______________
(Arena)

Gilgamesh tiredly looked at the water that was avoiding her as she held a tablet in her golden armored right hand. Around her a golden light was acting as a shield to prevent the attack from hitting her. Flicking her wrist the water disappeared.

Humanity roared in excitment at the King who survived the attack. While the Gods and Goddesses felt frustration as the attack did not leave a scar on her. The younger godlings were asking questions on why they were scared as they had never seen the older gods scared before.

"Tch, if that's your answer mongrel, then I'll have to use force to get the message through your thick head." said Gilgamesh. Multiple golden gates opened revealing weapons that shot straight towards Poseidon.

Poseidon dodge it with ease, only getting a piece of his hair cut and was about to attack but Gilgamesh followed up with her gate opening to throw an ax that moved twice the speed towards his back. Pain bled through Poseidon's clothes as he hunched forward moving back away from Gilgamesh.

The arena was silent as the weapons disappeared into golden particles.

"I wouldn't throw just any weapon, that axe is especially meant to hurt an immortal by stopping their healing abilities for a bit." said Gilgamesh who stared at Poseidon intently, excitement brimming throughout her body wondering if she may have another equal opponent.

Humanity cheered at the words from the King, hope rising within their chest at the thought of gaining a point.

Poseidon moved quickly trying to skewer Gilgamesh with his trident but the demi-god King quickly summoned her stone tablet to put a barrier up against the attack.

Poseidon pushed his trident against the barrier pushing his power to crack the barrier into pieces to pierce the smirking arrogant King before him. Around the arena the water swirled quickly as the winds blew harshly due to Poseidon's powers.

 The crowd took cover trying to see the outcome of the battle while Heimdall was trying to not fall into the swirling raging water.

"That human is so strong!" Ares shouted "She beat Lord Poseidon's swing!?"

"Oho? Fascinating for Lord Poseidon to even look at a human in the eye." Hermes stated.

"For him to do such a thing, it would be necessary and ignorant of him to ignore the power the demigod King was exuding including knowing that she has killed a God before." Hades stated.

"So you finally look into my eyes. Be grateful mongrel, as I would not let anyone look upon me." Gilgamesh stated.

"I... I don't believe it. For Poseidon to actually..." Ares said in shock, sweating.

Poseidon looked at Gilgamesh with a serious gaze that would pierce into ones soul. This gave Humanity a bit of hope that they could still win this.

On the Gods side was a goddess who looked like the King that was fighting, she was smiling at the sight of the King, her eyes brimming with tears and joy, next to her a man with jeweled blue eyes, smiled at the sight before him. 

Gilgamesh ignored the screaming mongrels, only to stare at the struggling Poseidon against her barrier.

"Why fight for these insects..., if you are beloved by the Gods, we who are without flaw?" Grunted out Poseidon who continued to push against her defences.