𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1

You wake up to a loud knock on your door. Getting up with a groan you walk and open the door to see Jesse.

"It's 8am Jesse. What?" You hated when people bother you during sleep.

"Dude did you just woke up? Maria is waiting for you remember? You have a meeting." He explains.

"Oh no, she hates when people get late. I'm fucked. Thank you so much." You run to your room to get dressed.
Jesse laughs shaking his head waiting for you.

"Ok I'm ready. Let's go." You close the door and both of you go to meet Maria. Actually just you, but he said he would take you there, he needs to pass there to go see someone. That someone is Dina. *wink wink*

"Thank you again. See you Jesse." You both say your goodbyes, and you enter the place to see Maria and Ellie.

*What is she doing here?*

"Sorry for being late. I was umm getting something done and I lost track of time." You come up with a shitty lie.

"Just don't do it again Y/N." Maria sighs.

"Yes ma'am."

On the corner of your eye you see Ellie with the look "that's all bullshit", and it was true, that was a real shitty lie. But you just flip her off and continue to listen what Maria was saying.

"We are getting out of food and supplies, so we need someone to do a long trip. And I chose both of you." You couldn't believe you were going all that time with Ellie. You two were always fighting.

"What?! Why us two?" Ellie asks annoyed.

"Because I wanted that way. Now put your past behind your back and don't fuck this up. Understood?" She warns both of you.

"Yes."

"Yeah."

"Good now you guys can go. The trip starts tomorrow at 7am. Don't be late." And you knew that last words were for you.

You and Ellie walk out of the place and walked together, you don't really know why, well maybe because the houses are on the same street. But this is the first time you guys aren't bickering or fighting. It's silent.

You don't really know why you two are always fighting, you're not sure why did it started. You had to admit, you love the girl. Since the beginning but then one day the fights started, and well, you just have to forget about that love, cause you knew it was impossible for her to feel the same. So you just go with the fights.

Ellie looks at you and sees that you're deep in thought, she doesn't know also why she's always fighting with you. Maybe because she fell in love with you, and she knew, or thought you didn't like girls.

*Stop brain, you can't have this type of feelings for her. She doesn't, so stop.* Ellie shakes her head trying to get rid of those thoughts.

"You ok? Looks like you're having some problems over there." You ask her.

"Why do you care? Just..leave me alone." You were slightly confused why she acted that way, you just asked her if she was ok and she acts this way. It kinda of hurt you.
You stay still in your place, she looks at you and just walks away.

Ellie knew that she didn't need to act like that, she just didn't know how to react to someone she liked for a long time, and that hates her, at least that's what she thought.

You get to your house and you pack everything for tomorrow. You sit on the couch reading some comics.

You weren't alone since the beginning, you had your brother, you had made this whole way with him, even in Jackson he was here, but one day he just disappeared, you thought he got tired of you and just left, that was two years ago. You felt hurt, the most important person to you, left you. And no one since that day has dared to talk about him again. You were grateful for that.

Now you're alone, you don't have anyone. Yeah you have friends, Jesse and Dina, they are actually your best friends. You also have Joel, he's like a father figure to you. But...you felt lonely, it's like when you brother left he took part of you with him.

Shaking your thoughts away you just continued with your day. You went to lunch with Jesse and Dina, Ellie was also there, since you are all best friends, except you and her. You actually had a good time, she didn't bother you and you didn't bothered her, both of you didn't even said anything to each other.

•Next day•

Today you had actually woken up in time. That was a first. You grabbed everything you needed and walked to the gates.

"Good morning." You said to Ellie.
She looks slightly confused why you were being nice to her.

"Morning." She mumbles, you chuckle shaking your head.

After everything being ready you and Ellie said your goodbyes to Jesse and Dina.

"Be careful kid." Joel hugs Ellie.
And then you.

"See you in two weeks kiddo. Be careful." He said to you. You nod with a smile, you get on the horse and you start the trip.
After a while you try to make conversation with Ellie.

"So...how are you?"

"Why are you being so nice all of the sudden?" She asks stopping for a minute to look at you.

"I...forget it!" You just try to be nice and even then there's a problem. There's always some problem.

Ellie knew what she was doing was wrong, but she couldn't let you know her feelings for you. She was so stubborn. It hurts her being like this to you. She would smile to herself every time you would ask a random question. But for now, she had to act like she doesn't like you, and that is killing her inside.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N
- First chapter! I promise it's going to get better!
- Don't forget to vote!
xoxo <3