𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 14

•A couple of weeks later•

You and Ellie were assigned to go on another mission, this time it was only a small one.
Maria made sure Ellie was alright to go, after what happened last time.

"Baby are you ready to go?" Ellie asks grabbing her backpack.

"Yes, we already said goodbye to Dina, Jesse and Joel. I'm ready." You kiss her cheek, wrapping your arms around her waist. You both decided to take only her horse, it was better that way.

"We're leaving then." She smiled walking out of the gates.

And you both started the trip.

...

"Ugh it's almost night. We will have to stop soon, to sleep." You said. You and Ellie had enconter a couple of stores and a house.

"You're right. Let's just stop at that store, and then we'll find somewhere to spend the night." Ellie said pointing at a small store, you nod placing your head on her shoulder.

"Finaly. My legs were killing me." You said streching your legs, while Ellie attached the horse to a fence.

"Well I'm enjoying the view..." Ellie whispers eyeing your ass, you quickly straight up slapping her arm softly.

"Come on perv. Let's make this search quick." You said laughing quietly.

"So I wanted to ask you something important baby.." You said.

"Okay, what is it love?" Ellie asked you, putting the things she found in her bag.

"Umm..it's about that day of your patrol. Did you knew the people that made that to you three?" You asked quietly, something didn't make sense to you.

"W-what? Why would I know?" She asked furrowing her eyebrowns.

"I mean you three are innocents so why would someone try to kill innocent people?" You tried to understand, but there was something wrong.

"Look Y/N..I-I don't..we don't know why that happened, it just happened, shit like this happens all the time, since the world turn to this, people got crazy, maybe they were a group of them." She explained, you could since she was getting upset, and you didn't want that.

"Yeah you're right. I'm sorry..I didn't mean to upset you." You looked down suddently feeling guilty, even though you knew she was lying.

"Hey baby, I'm not upset, you were just curious and worried, that's fine. It's okay love." She hugs you kissing your forehead, she didn't want you to feel bad, if she was you she would have a lot of questions too.

"I love you." You whispered.

"I love you more baby. Now let's get out of here, we need to rest." She kissed your lips, and you nod at her words.

...

"Are you comfortable baby?" She asked you, you both found a church and decided to sleep there for the night.

"Yes, come here.." You opened your arms and she cuddled into you.

"Let's sleep love." She said kissing you.

It didn't take long for you and Ellie fall asleep, you were both tired from the long day and after a couple of minutes both of you were sleeping in each other's arms.

...

You wake up all of the sudden, sitting up you looked at the watch on your wrist and then at your side.
Ellie wasn't there, and it was 4am. You furrowed your eyebrows, thinking where the hell she was at this time.

"Ellie?.......Ellie?" You called out her name but you were alone in that church. You just grabbed your gun and waited for her to come back. This wans't the first time she disappeared while you were sleeping.

After thirty minutes she opened the door of the church quietly, not wanting to wake you up, but what she didn't know is that you were awake already.

"Where the hell were you Ellie?" You asked and she jumped back, not expecting you awake.

"I- why are you awake baby?" She tried to change the subject.

"Don't you "baby" me. I want to know where were you." You asked more firmly crossing your arms.

"I was just grabbing some..wood." She lied, and you knew.

"Don't fucking lie to me. I'm sick of it. It's been almost two weeks that you go out during the night, I tried to ignore it, but I can't take it anymore. So tell me what do you do while I'm sleeping?" You got closer to her, she could sense that you were starting to get mad.

"It...It doesn't matter, just drop it." Ellie tried to let go the subject, but you stopped her in her tracks.

"I'm serious Ellie. You've been lying to me for weeks, weeks! Every night I get worried cause I don't know where the hell you go! So don't fucking say for me to drop it. Stop with the lies..please." You go out of breath. You are frustrated and mad, but also so worried.

"I go after them okay! I know who did that to us. They were trying to kill Joel on purpose...we got lucky to get out of there alive. And I just..I just wanted to hurt every single one of them. I'm so fucking sorry for worrying you, and lying to you. But I think I've gone crazy because of all this shit. And I didn't want to put you in danger. I'm so sorry baby." She explains and your gaze softened.

"You could have told me. I would understand, I don't want you to go through this alone. I'm here for you, in the bad and good times. I love you Ellie." You hug her and she immediately hugs you back.

"Thank you for being comprehensive baby. I'll explain everything to you." She said and you nod, sitting down and she sit next to you.

"Okay..so what happened that day wasn't because we were at the wrong place in the wrong time. That was intentional." Ellie explained.

"But why would they want to kill Joel?" You didn't understand that part.

"It's not a they, it's a she. She wanted to kill him..because he killed her father."

"Wait, what?" You were so confused.

"Joel killed her father to save me. I'm immune as I told you before, and years ago I was suppose to die at a operation table. They wanted to extract the cure from me, and for that, I had to die, I agreed to that, I wanted to have a meaningful death..but Joel wanted me to have a meaningful life, so he saved me, and for that he had to kill Abby's father, who was the surgeon. Abby's father tried to kill Joel because Joel was trying to save me, but Joel killed him first. And now Abby wants Joel dead for that." She tells you the whole story.

"I don't even know what to say. I mean I can comprehend Abby's side too. But Joel did what he had to do, and I would do the exact same thing Ellie." You grabbed her hand caressing softly.

"If you want to go after them. I'll go with you. I will not leave you alone." You warned her.

"But I don't want you to get hur-" You stopped before she could finish.

"Don't. I'll go with you, and that's final. Please baby." You grabbed her face softly.

"Okay..okay. We'll leave in the morning baby. No one in Jackson will think it's weird." She kissed your lips making you kiss back. The kiss was passionate and sweet.

"I love you." You whispered against her lips.

"I love you more baby." She whispered putting her forehead against yours.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N
- This whole chapter is just 🤯
- Don't forget to vote!
xoxo <3