Soukoku trivia

On the ranking of top 20 pairings of 2018 in Japan, Dazai and Chūya had came on the 7th place, while their voice actors were placed at 20th.

During the character designs, the creators of the series mentioned that Dazai and Chuuya would be in a Partner/relationship, as well as that Chūya was originally designed for Dazai.

Chūya had been promoted to being an executive before Dazai; making him the youngest executive in the history of Port Mafia. However when Dazai became an executive, the title had been given to Dazai since he was 51 days younger than Chūya.

When Chūya mentions Dazai as the youngest executive in the History of the Port Mafia, it is simply an insult for his bitterness and jealousy about Dazai taking the title away from him. Dazai on the other hand does not back off and calls Chūya "Short" and "Small half of Double Black."

In the official High School alternate universe, it had been mentioned that Chūya used to call Osamu (his given name) when they were younger and Dazai had written this down and hide it in a time capsule. (Source- Bonus special from the pre-order of DVD/Blu-ray of Dead Apple.)

The ship is the most popular ship among the Japanese and Western fandom.

Their stage actors ships and adores them (Dazai played by Hideya Tawada and Chūya played by Ueda Keisuke).

Dazai and Chūya are 51 days apart in age.Their height difference is 21 cm (Chūya - 160 cm, Dazai - 181 cm).

They have a whole episode dedicated to them for their reunion in season two, called "Double Black".

Chūya has put his life on the line just to save Dazai many times.

Dazai once stated that he did not enjoy the company of men or hugging men. Yet, in one promo picture, he is seen hugging Chūya from the side, while wearing a very amused smile and winking at Chūya.

Red camellias (Camellia Japonica) are often used to represent them. The said flower stands for love, passion, trust, and desire. In some cases, it also represents death or sorrow of losing someone, and is related to Chūya's ability (For the Tainted Sorrow), where he has a higher chance of dying.

The name was canonically given to the pair of men from the boss of mafia, Mori Ougai.

On CrunchyRoll the subtitles were changed to "You used Corruption believing in me? How beautiful."   which originally in the novel were "You used Corruption believing in me? I am so touched i could cry."

In the interview for a bonus after purchasing the DVD or Blu-ray of Dead Apple, the director for the film, Takuya Igarashi, comments on Dazai and Chūya's relationship as something more than friends where one another can understand and communicate as if they are one soul in two different bodies.

The author of the series, Kafka Asagiri, adds with Takuya Igarashi that Chūya is the only one who can predict and understand Dazai's true motive.