𝟧𝟩. 𝖤𝖱

𝖮𝖬𝖭𝖨𝖲𝖢𝖨𝖤𝖭𝖳

"Why is no one telling me what happened and why can't Blake come!?" Nayah yelled over the obnoxiously loud radio as Claudia drove like a madman, breaking almost every existent rule.

"Because you don't need to know!" Melanie replied back from the front seat.

"Are we forgetting that this revolves around my girlfriend?" She continued, tears already forming pools on the very brim of her brown eyes, "what the fuck are you hiding from me?"

"She got into a car accident." Claudia's voice was lightly shaky as she responded to Nayah's concerns, lowering the sound of the radio, "It was really bad...we don't even know if she's alive."

The car went silent after that.

Voicing her feelings wasn't necessary for both girls in the room to notice that Nayah was already mentally breaking down.

"Look, Nayah, she'll be fine. We'll all get over this-"

"stop the car." She coldly cut Claudia off, tears slowly staining her cheeks.

"What?"

"stop the car! I can't do this. I'm not going."

"why?" Claudia questioned.

"Because i'm not willing to see her in the fucking morgue!"

"she's not dead." Melanie assured, glancing at her through the rear view mirror.

"you don't know that!"

Sighing, her friend turned the volume of the radio down, ordering for Claudia to do as told and pull over.

Confused, she still did so, watching as Melanie unbuckled her seatbelt and got herself into the backseat.

Staring into Nayah's eyes, she held her trembling hands.

"I don't want her to die." Nayah's eyes were pleading and wanting to believe that Billie was still alive as she weakly shook her head, "this is all my fault. I shouldn't have let her leave the room."

"It's not your fault, you couldn't have known." Her hand reached up to lightly rub her arm in attempts of cheering her up, "she's fine, i promise."

Nayah then sniffled and cleaned a few of her tears, nodding as a way of signaling that she'd at least try to stay positive.

Claudia settled her focus on the road once again and they soon resumed their predefined route, all whilst Melanie attempted to distract Nayah.

Once they pulled up to the building, a crowd could be seen forming on the outside, making Claudia huff in annoyance.

"Isn't there another way of getting in?" Melanie questioned as Nayah peaked through the tinted windows.

"not that I know off." She shook her head, resting her hand against the steering wheel.

"Let's just try our luck. How bad could it be?" Nayah let out, to which both girls ended up agreeing with.