𝟨𝟨. 𝖦𝖾𝗍𝖺𝗐𝖺𝗒

𝖭𝖠𝖸𝖠𝖧'𝗌 𝖯𝖮𝖵

After physically hurting Avon, Billie had her face on a constant resting and frankly intimidating expression without answering or talking to anyone, deciding to snort a few more lines of the white powder.

I, on the other hand, was worried about what was to come when everyone left.

Maybe my faith was just about the same as Avon's, but surprisingly enough, I was wrong.

She didn't comment on the event.

In fact, she didn't speak to me at all as we went to sleep. Maybe too high to think, maybe still angry and coping with her feelings through silence.

Either way, I respected her decision and went to sleep, silent just like her.

The next day, she woke up rather radiant, I'd say.

Only in the sense of finally talking to me though. Because other than that, it was evident that she felt like pure shit. Drugs and alcohol were a forbidden combination but Billie had a clear obsession with crossing the line and breaking patterns, for some reason.

So as an alternative to her not wanting to eat just yet, I prepared a milk bath for her, which she almost ended up by sleeping through as soon as the liquid touched her skin.

She was situated on the very middle of the quite spacious bathtub, just by the window. Legs up to her chest, with her head rested just on top of her knees, as she gazed at the landscape portrayed on the other side of the window.

I used the water scoop to pour some of the warm mixture of almond milk, essential oils, floating daisies, honey scent and water onto her fair skin and dark hair, simultaneously massaging her tensed up muscles.

As I dragged my hands down her back, I came in contact with the scar. She didn't react as I did so, in fact, it seemed to be comforting to her.

So I continued, until I heard my phone ringing on the other side of the bathroom.

Consequently, I stood up and walked over to where it stood, rapidly drying my hands before picking it up and exiting the room to give Billie some space of her own.

"Nayah Black?"

"...who is this?"

"It's Scarlet, you have to leave."

"Why would I listen to you?"

"Just, please, pack your things and leave. Billie made a deal and there are consequences, which only I know the weight of."

"I can't just leave—"

"But you have to! Please, trust me in this, If Billie cared about us she wouldn't have made that deal in the first place. Put our differences aside, please, they'll be there at any time—" As the girl in the other line let that out, I heard movement coming from the bathroom, followed by footsteps, indicating that Billie was out of her bath.

I then was quick to hang up in fear of her hearing anything, and as suspected, I was almost instantly met by Billie in her towel, a curious look in her eyes.