𝟥𝟨. 𝗋𝖾𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗂𝗌𝖼𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗌

𝖮𝖬𝖭𝖨𝖲𝖢𝖨𝖤𝖭𝖳

𝟣𝟥 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝖺𝗀𝗈

"Notre Père qui es aux cieux, que ton nom soit sanctifié, que ton règne vienne, que ta volonté soit faite, sur la terre comme au ciel. Donne-nous aujourd'hui notre pain quotidien, et pardonne-nous nos offenses,
comme nous pardonnons à ceux qui nous ont offensés. Et ne nous induis point en tentation, mais délivre-nous du mal. Amen"

(Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen)

Billie gazed at Nayah with slight delight and puzzlement as the little girl made her daily prayer.

"why do you do that everyday?" She spoke up, making Nayah tilt her own head in confusion.

"do what?"

"the thing you just did"

"you mean praying?" Nayah asked while unwrapping her lunch and Billie curtly nodded in response, dragging the crayon against the paper to complete her abnormal drawing, "because it's nice and i want to be a good girl to see heaven."

"but God isn't real."

"don't say that!" She scolded, "mom said that he is real and he brings joy to all good children!"

"if he's real, why are all my toys still broken?" Billie proceeded to break the crayon into pieces with ease, allowing them to drop onto her own, slightly stained, dress.

"because you don't know how to take care of your toys and you're very mean to everyone!" Nayah responded, "if you didn't burn Sofie, God would've fixed your ugly toys!"

"i didn't burn your stupid doll! she walked into the fire!" She responded to the accusation, "and i'm not even mean, you're just sensitive"

"see, you're being mean again!" Nayah proceeded to yell back, even though her gentle voice barely had the capacity of overcoming Billie's.

"and you're being too soft again!" She stood up, randomly snatching the doll laying on Nayah's lap away from her and running out of the room.

Furious, Nayah continued to scream in literal lowercase while running behind Billie, until she reached the entrance of her house.

Wind practically slapped her in the face as she stood at the porch, reaching her small hands to move her hair away from her face and being met with nothing but her large front yard.

There was no sight of Billie, nor the recently bought doll that she decided to snatch away from Nayah's hands.

"Nayah?" Her younger cousin peeked into the outside of the house, eventually walking towards Nayah's confused and static frame, "why are you here? we're having lunch at the tree house, remember?"

"she took my doll!"

"who?" Chanel went to question while gripping onto her plushie, her bare feet taking a few steps closer to correctly stand next to Nayah's barely taller figure.