Beer Time

"Oh God, I'm not sure about a hotel. Do you not remember the last time?" Yelena raised her eyebrows at Nat who told her to pull in to a nice looking hotel across the street. They'd been driving for about an hour and a half now, were both exhausted and needed a rest.

"Come on I know we haven't had the best of luck recently, but surely we're fine here. I haven't seen anything unusual for the past 100miles." Yelena obeyed and pull in round the back. They both got out and did their best not to draw attention to themselves. They then went to the pub garden next door and ordered two large beers.

Yelena sat at a table in the corner where she pulled out a hand mirror and began mopping up the blood on her forehead with some wet cotton. Natasha came over with the drinks and sat opposite her. "Ok, so I believe we have a lot of catching up to do. I've got so many questions."

Yelena winced as she tucked in from the pain in her ribs. "Fair enough. You should know that I  didn't run away after our fight - I'm not that childish." Natasha smirked and she continued. "I was going for a walk and when I decided to come back, this guy turned up. He'd been following us this entire time and wore that same jacket as Dimitri. They were after you. I don't understand how they didn't just go and get you though after I was knocked out. The Jet was right there."

"Steve can change a setting so that only certain faces can see the Jet, but he has to be inside for  it to work, which is why he had to stay. Tony was just about to edit the manufacturing to improve that part, but then they fell out so you know the rest" Yelena nodded slowly, understanding now. "So how did they get you?" Nat asked.

"Another guy was in hiding, I was on my way to you when I was shot with a tranquilliser dart. I was out and woke up in a cell hours later." Yelena couldn't help but notice the glint of guilt in Nat's eyes as she spoke. She looked down at her drink. "What is it?"

Nat shook her head and smiled. She couldn't possibly bring herself to tell Yelena that she was getting it on with Steve whilst her little sister was being tortured. "Nothing. I just should've been there."

Yelena squeezed her hand and frowned, "you can't blame yourself all the time. You weren't to know." She moved to clean up her wound at her side. Natasha noticed her wince. Her hand shook slightly as she dabbed against the blood. It hurt her heart seeing someone she loved in pain. She moved her chair over besides Yelena and took over from her whilst her sister continued. "I woke in a different change of clothes, so I have no idea what they were doing to me. My hands were bound and after a while the guy from earlier came in to try and get info about where you could be. I of course didn't say anything. Hey oww!" She looked down as Natasha poured alcohol on the wound.

"It will hurt a lot more if it gets infected, trust me. Pretend I'm not even here." Nat returned. She continued and discreetly attempted to stitch it again.

Through slightly gritted teeth, Yelena continued. "Anyway a bit later on that's when Dreykov arrived and it made me sick to the stomach." Nat's heart sank at the sound of his name, she thought it was finally over. "I was then taken to a lab. Something I've experienced far too many times. It wasn't long before I worked out his scheme. Dimitri wants to take over from his father, but he can't figure out the right formula. Which is why he wants to work on previous widows to work it out. And I guess he wants you so bad, because you were the most successful. You were so good that you managed to overturn his father yourself."

Natasha looked into her eyes now after finishing the stitching. They were serious and glassy filled with emotion from the past few days. "It's ok. He won't finish the job. We will find the other's and destroy any remains of the Red Room once and for all." She squeezed her sister's hand for reassurance. "We have each other now and that's all that matters."

Yelena took another swig of beer. She smiled back at her sister, thinking about something that crossed her mind. "So.... How was he?"

Now sitting back across the table, Natasha frowned but immediately started sweating. She knew exactly what she was talking about. "What do you mean?" She scratched her head and took another sip.

"Oh come on! I see the way you look at him." She smirked teasingly, enjoying the look on Nat's face. "Whilst you let it all come back to you, I'm gonna order some fries. Oh and maybe some hot dogs, why not?" She got up gently and walked over to the bar. Nat chuckled slightly. Her sister didn't miss a trick.

When she returned she didn't speak, just blew the top of her bottle making it vibrate. "Are you gonna just keep doing that?" Nat asked with a sigh.

Yelena smirked. "Maybe..." a huge looking dude came over and dumped the plate of fries and hot dogs on the table. "Oh yes, I'm starving!" Yelena grabbed a handful of fries and shoved them down her.

Natasha had a couple before she spoke. "I'm not going to tell you about Steve. I'll leave it up to your imagination."

Yelena's eyes widened, they'd been talking about different people. "Wait! What? I was talking to that Mason guy from the other day! Steve as in Rogers. As in Captain America?"

Natasha bit her lip. "Ohh no ah shit. I'm still not talking about that so..." she smirked and her cheeks reddened. Her sister enjoyed every second of her embarrassment.

"Ok, but that is hilarious. I can't believe this haha!" Yelena left the subject for now and enjoyed her food.

They both sat, drank and stuffed their faces with fast food. They didn't discuss their next moves for now. They'd leave that for the morning. Tonight though, it was just nice to be in each other's company. Bickering and gossiping about stupid things. Life was too short to be serious all the time and didn't they know it.