44 - Gone

Jungkook pov

     'Hey are you okay?' I asked Yeonjun as he uneasily stood in front of the crowd.

     'yes, just tired.'

His reply was clear yet it felt like something was bothering him. Maybe it was the fact that couples were dancing in the ballroom and perhaps it reminded him of Jiya. I couldn't imagine how everything must have been like for him. The girl that you love planned to murder your brother. It's too insane for me to think y/n would ever be like that.

Thinking about y/n I realized that it had been a while since I saw her. Perhaps she took a stroll in the gardens with Jimin? I couldn't see him anywhere either.

I waved that feeling of worry away, she probably needed a moment to step away from this whole event anyways. Which was understandable, it didn't go unnoticed for me either that people stared at her and whispered about her.

After some time though I saw Jimin approaching us, he seemed uneased. 

      'Do you know where y/n is?' he asked a bit confused

      'No I thought she was with you.'

      'No, she went to the toilet but I haven't seen her since. I thought that she had returned to you but then I saw you alone with Yeonjun so I searched in the gardens but she wasn't there either.'

This did alert me. I walked out of the ballroom but I also couldn't think of a place where she'd go. Other than my room maybe, but I suppose she'd let me know if she would retire from the party, right?

     'Sir' Seokjin appeared from behind me

      'In case you are looking for y/n.. she asked me to tell you that she didn't feel well and she is currently sleeping in your chambers.'

She didn't feel well? I should check up on her. Or maybe it's better if I let her sleep. She seemed fine though at the start of the party?

      'Okay thank you for telling me, I will let her sleep for now I think.'

Seokjin smiled 'I think that would be good.'

It was way less fun to have the party without her but supporting my brother and my parents was my duty and I would focus on that. We stayed until the very last guest had left. 

I was pretty exhausted at this point and was surely longing for my bed.

I silently opened up my bedroom door and tried to make my way to the bathroom, hoping that I wouldn't wake her up. I expected Bono to come up to me by now but he didn't.

Was he also vast asleep? When I turned on the light of the bathroom I threw a quick glance at my bed. It was pretty vague but it was clear that I didn't see a figure in it, nothing that could resemble y/n. I quickly turned on all the lights and looked around the room.

There was no sight of y/n and Bono was also gone.

How could she have left without anyone noticing?

The answer was pretty obvious tough; she is a spy, she is trained in it.

Then I saw the dress she was wearing tonight, neatly folded on the bed. There was a piece of paper placed on it. A dark feeling filled my body, as if I already knew the content which she had written. I rushed towards it and immediately opened it

My dearest Jungkook,

I am so sorry to leave so abruptly and without seeing you.