Chapter 4 : James to the rescue

Opening my eyes with the sound of my alarm remembering the dreams I had last night. Wait! I never dream at all. Okay that is odd. When I give a good glance at the clock it says it's 7:36 am. Oh not again. I hop in the shower as fast as I can. I put on a black shirt with Nirvana's logo on it and a pair of dark jeans that my mom despises because of the holes, but I don't care at all. I actually like to piss her off. I put on my black with white skull vans. I stare at the mirror and could glance a vision of who I was by only seeing my eyes. I open my special box ans get out one of my treasures. I embrace the golden heart shape necklace on my neck remembering why it's so special. It was the last present I received from my father. I had more things of my father, but my step-dad threw it all away. He believes that having all these things will be harder for all of us to move on. A tear sheds from my left eye. Oh dad how much I miss you. I thank God that I hid this necklace from Richard.

I brush my wavy long pink hair because I at least want to look decent in school. I already get bullied for my gothic style. I have to tidy up a little bit. Mascara and eyeliner are on my eyes and I am ready to go. When I head down stairs I see Richard, my step-dad staring at me. He is immensely tall with black hair and blue eyes. His jawline is perfect. He seemed perfect in the outside, but in the inside his personality is opposing perfection. He is capable of letting his anger out of control and use violence. "Why are you waking up at this hour?" I could sense wrath in his voice. "Why do you care?" I ask with feistiness. I know it wasn't the best way to talk to him, but he made a 180 rotation to my whole life and he thinks I should just accept it. Nah! He came in out of nowhere demanding love and respect, but not giving it back.

"Ariana, I told you not to talk to me like that because I am your father and," before he continued I interrupt him. "You are not my father, you will never be and you are nothing like my father!" I mutter loudly. Finishing my sentence, I felt his hand collapsing with my right cheek. It was painful, but I was so used to it. "Listen carefully! You will do as I say because I am the man of the house and you piece of crap can't change that! Did I make myself clear?!" he roars. I nod quickly and head out.

~~~~~~~~~

"Leave me alone!" I beg while struggling. "Come on you know you want to have some dirty fun," Brad whispers in my ear. He was trying to make out with me in the hallway, but not because he likes me. It's because he wants to use me like everybody does. "Why don't you find your other girls? I bet they would love to be with you," I remind him. "Because George once told me the only thing you are good at is hooking up. He was with you just because of that. He never loved you. No one loves you; not even yourself," he mutters.

"Is there a problem here?" James interrupted us. "No, just having fun with pinkie," he snickers with a huge smirk on his face. James throws himself on top of Brad punching his face so hard that it is turning purple and sore. When Brad sees his chance he runs away just like he just visited hell. Wow James protected me! Whatever, I could manage Brad.

"Are you ok Ms. No Name?" he asks scanning my face to see if there were any bruises. "I was perfectly fine. I did not need your help," I say stubbornly. "Hey! A simple thanks James from rescuing me would be so much better," he whines. "Sorry, um thanks," I respond embarrassedly. "Well that is not enough. You should accept my invitation to go out today," he demands. I am in a state of shock. What the heck is that supposed to mean? Is he asking me to go on a date with him? No, this is probably just something friendly. Low-key I wouldn't mind to on a date with those green peirceing eyes.

"Fine! Whatever you say, your highness," I give him a bow. He chuckles loudly and smiles. "If you don't want to you don't have to. I just wanted to know you better because for sure I know that you are out of this world," he admits while blushing a little. "I will just say that I do accept, but that doesn't mean anything at all," I respond his concern. What did I get myself into?