•♡• 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻 •♡•

°•○●☆ 2 years earlier ☆●○•°

"I won't be long, You'll be fine while I go get food, Right? Well im not bringing you so you'll have to be fine"

The small woman put on her coat as she looked at the small baby in the crib then at her Eldest son as he nodded his head.

She smiled as she said goodbye to the youngest boy and walked out of the door, completely ignoring the older as she walked towards the village down the path from her tiny cottage.

On her way to the village she spotted a tall person in the distance walk towards a cluster of trees and flowers.

Something about the person ahead of her caught her interest as she kept her distance, yet kept her eyes on them to see exactly where they were going.

she followed them to see what was behind the trees and saw the person kneeling on the floor playing with a bunny.

After a couple of seconds of admiring the hidden location she watched as the figure stood up and pulled out what seemed to be a wand before making the bunnies float around with sparkles trailing behind them.

She loudly gasped at the sight of a witch being around in the open, This sound caught the witches attention as it quickly turned around towards the woman and stood completely still like a deer in headlights.

It felt as if the witches eyes were burning into her soul as she started running back out of there and into the village to hide in one of the small shops.

While the woman was out in the village her oldest child had picked up a piece of paper and had written a couple of words on it.

He placed the 3 month old boy in a basket and took the note with him as he happily took the baby into the woods.

Out of the two children it was obvious there was a favourite that their mother had and one that she would neglect and practically disown for no apparent reason.

She clearly favoured the baby and would usually ignore the elder or send him outside to play so he wouldn't need looking after.

It wasn't a recent thing since the baby was born, through the older child's life she never really cared about him, often leaving him alone to go do as she wished by herself.

The boy wasn't jealous of the little baby, He was scared he would soon be treated the same as he was and he adored his little brother.

So without thinking clearly he decided to bring the small boy elsewhere to find someone who could look after him properly.

It was a terrible idea that could have ended with both boys getting lost and dying alone in the woods, but he was doing what he assumed he should at such a young age to keep his little brother safe....

A terrible idea that he would pay the price...

The Eldest of the two children walked with the younger in the basket for about an hour or two before tieing the note in the handle and placing the basket on the floor in the middle of the woods.