And it escalated quickly

Alex was still out like a light. The sun was blazing high up in the sky and down here I was all set to explore the rest of the island as today was our last day here. I was in two minds about waking him up or leaving him asleep. To be honest, I didn't want to wake him up. He better gets as much rest as he could. For God knows, when again would he get an opportunity like this. So I decided to let him sleep.

I attired myself in a red V-neck Polka dot knee-length dress with button placket in the front. I left a note on his table stating that I was going out to recommence the expedition. 

Aldrich was waiting for us outside our resort. His hands buried in his pockets. A friendly smile covered his lips when he saw me approaching him.

"Hey," I chanted

"Bonjour," he greeted back while bowing a little

"Where is your garçon amoureux," his eyes scanned over the length of the resort.

"What?" I asked, confused

"Your ever jealous husband," he grinned at me

"Hey, don't call him that. He is not the jealous type. Not at least for me. And to answer your second question, No, he is not coming with us today," I responded

 "Alright. Then I am going to show you some of the coolest places on this island," he cheered. 

Bora Bora is all about beaches and oceans. I spent two hours prowling on the beach, collecting seashells whereas Aldrich lounged about. 

There were lots of tiny seashells strew over the beach. Like a professional interior designer as I am, I had already started to plan on how was I going to use them for home decor. My mind was swamped with so many ideas. I could also make jewelry with them. earrings perhaps, or a pendant. And then a brilliant idea struck me. How about Bracelets. One for me and one for him. That would be my way of thanking him for saving my life. My lips curved upward at the thought. Yup. That's what I was going to do.  

I amassed as many shells as I could before leaving the beach. The sun was shining red which means it was going to disappear soon. My mind drifted to Alex and I wondered what would he be doing right now. Work, of course.

I was a bit disappointed that he didn't bother to know about my whereabouts.   

"What next?" I asked Aldrich

Aldrich only smirked in response that prompted my brows to rise up. 

Thirty minutes later, we were sitting in a dim-lit club of our resort, buying drinks from the bartender. People were trickling in as the minutes ticked on, thickening the crowd.  

"You liked the place?" Aldrich shouted over the loud music

"Yeah. Looks cool," I answered while surveying the room. Some people were with their friends and some with their lovers. Some were unwinding in couches and some were shimmying to the jam.

"He really loves you," Aldrich quipped while sipping on his drink

I jerked my head towards him. Confusion swept over my features. 

"Alex?" I asked to confirm 

"Yup," 

"And what made you think so?" I asked him 

"It shows in his eyes," he shrugged and downed his drink while gesturing the bartender to fill his glass. 

I met his statement with a smile that didn't reach my eyes. All I had seen in his steely eyes was hatred. Resentment for me. He might be lusting for me but love...this thing was way out of the picture.