Chapter 7

Beep Beep Beep
The alarm went off.

Loki slammed the phone, wanting the annoying sound to stop, but slammed it so hard that the phone shattered. Tiny pieces of glass was now in his hand, causing his hand to bleed a little.

"Bloody hell" said Loki while trying to wake up.

Loki's pov

I'm already too late for work, might as well slow down a little this morning. My eyes are met by my bloody hand. "Bloody amazing!" I scoff. I walk to the bathroom to wash the blood off.

While washing my hand I try to pick out as many glass pieces as possible, not entirely succeeding though. I'll just soak my hands for a while then.

After soaking my hands and getting al the tiny pieces out I notice the time.

8:12

It's not like this would be the first time that I would be late for work, I'm sure nobody would mind. Except y/n, she's probably waiting for me right now. I quickly grab a new jacket, I don't have the time to completely dress up.

8:20

"Will you hold the door for me?..." I ask while my eyes are trying to size the person up who's in the elevator. From this distance I can only tell that it's a she with y/h/c hair and she's rather dressed up. Coming closer to the elevator I can finally see who it is. Y/n. She looks beautiful but also frightened.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome mr. Laufeyson."

I notice that she won't meet my eyes. Probably too nervous. Am I really that much of an asshole to her?

"You're late." I said, trying to break the awkward silence.

"So are you."

I was astonished by her answer, she never dared to talk back to me, is it weird for me to find this rather hot? Nehh probably not. I notice she's still holding my tea.

"I know, is that tea for me?"

"Oh yes, sorry" said she while handing over the tea.
She handed it over to my wrong hand, the one I had cut myself with this morning.

"Why do you always apologise that often? It's annoying, please stop." I say, not wanting to come off that rude, but my hand was burning right now and that hurt like shit.

"Oh, sorry- shit. Uhh, -"

"Don't bother me with your rambling , just please for once, would you be silent?" my headache was starting to get worse because of the elevator's bright light. I should not have drank so much yesterday.

Ding

The elevator's door opened. I quickly walked to my office, hearing y/n's heels clack on the floor behind me.

Reader's pov

Loki went into his office. He was clearly annoyed. -Was it because of me? What the hell did I do though? Sometimes I don't get that man, he can be so confusing. -

As you get to your desk your phone went off. Thor was calling you.

"Hey Thor! Why are you calling me? I'm at work right now."

"Hi y/n, just wanted to check on you, how are you doing?"

"I'm fine, I was late for work, I really need a better alarm clock"

"Hahahahah, why am I not surprised by this" said Thor with loud laughter. That man is just a bundle of joy.

"Ouch, you hurt my feelings" you said sarcastically.

"Hahahahh, well I've got to get going now, it was lovely to hear your voice, I can't wait for our lunch this afternoon, see you then!"

You were touched by his words. "See you then, Thor"

Hours passed and Loki still hasn't come out of his office to order people around. Weird. Should I check on him? I probably shouldn't, he doesn't like to be interrupted. But on the other hand, he has been this long alone in his office without having said a word to me or Thor's assistant. I'm going in.

You walk to his door and knock softly at first. No response. You wait for a moment and knocked again, this time a little bit louder. Still no response. You open the door and enter quietly.

"Mr. Laufeyson?"