Regis and Kelly Part II

Dateline: November 14th, 2002

Regis: Our favourite young wizard and witch in the blockbuster hit Harry Potter and Hermione Granger: The Sorcerer's Stone now making magic again in the latest instalment of Harry Potter and Hermione Granger: The Chamber of Secrets. Here's Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson!

(both enter the studio)

Regis: Harry Potter and Hermione Granger! Look at them! Boy, oh, boy. Once a year, Dan and Emma says hello to us.

Kelly: It's so exciting to see you two here because, you know, I've read all of the Harry and Hermione books to my son. And the second one is our favourite. It's our very, very favourite so we cannot wait to see this film.

Regis: Everything she said is true, except that he read them to her.

(audience laugh)

Regis: So tell me, kids, how are things with you? I mean,

Kelly: Now that you're both major movie stars

Regis: It was an enormous hit, well, you all know that, but has it affected your lives at all?

Daniel: Not really, my life's kind of- it hasn't changed actually that much I kind of- I get stopped on the street sometimes with Emma, but that's actually cool, because that everybody's so enthusiastic about the film. It's kind of nice to hear about that.

Regis: Well, you both started this movie when the first one was just coming out, right? Well, started making it, I mean.

Emma: Yeah, there were like three days when the first one came out, and we started filming the second one.

(Regis pointing at Kelly)

Regis: She's a kid, and she thinks this is the best of all the Harry and Hermione books. How do you feel about that?

Kelly: It's my favourite.

Daniel: I read the second one, and it was my favourite, but then, I reread the third one, and now that's my favourite.

(audience laugh)

Regis: And are you two starting to work on the third one now as this movie comes out?

Emma: We got the third one sometime in the spring next year.

Regis: How long is this gonna go on? I mean, you know, aren't you two growing out of this role? Your voice, Daniel, is getting a lot husky enough.

Kelly: But Harry and Hermione also grow!

Regis: I see a few grey hairs here. Oh, there's one in Emma too! Come on!

(audience laugh)

Daniel: I mean, I don't know. We're definitely doing the third one, and after that, who knows?

Regis: It's gotta be you two, all the way. How many are there?

Kelly: There's four, and there's a fifth book that she's writing, is that right?

Emma: I think it's going to come up; apparently, somebody said it was going to come out at the end of this year, but I don't know. All I know, that there's seven.

Kelly: Do you still go to a regular school?

Emma: Um... we got cheated on set which we had a minimum of three hours and a maximum of five a day, but at the moment, we are actually back in school in Battersea.

Kelly: And so, how do the students react to you two?

Regis: They don't like them!

(audience laughing)

Regis: Miserable brats!

Dan: Well, that may be the case with some of them. I don't know.

Regis: Everybody's a little jealous. How do you think I feel sitting here with you?

(audience laughing)

Regis: What is Harry and Hermione up to in this movie? I mean, how can this thing keep going on and on and on? Are they still at the school of magic?

Emma: Yeah, they still go to Hogwarts, but what happened in the second film it's like Harry and Hermione return to Hogwarts, and they find out that's like under a great threat of being closed and terrorized, and it's pretty creepy, yeah you read the motion, and basically, it's about those two trying to save their home.

Regis: All right, and for now, there's a lot of action in this as well, yeah?

Dan: Yeah.

Regis: Let's take a look now at one of these action scenes from Harry Potter and Hermione Granger: The Chamber of Secrets

Clip: "Good luck, Potter and Granger," Lockhart said, pretty confident that the two of them would be playing by the rules.

"Thank you, sir," said Harry with a sense of purpose.

"Face your partners!" called Lockhart from the back of the platform. "And bow!"

The four of them barely inclined their heads, not taking eyes off of each other.

"Wands at the ready!" shouted Lockhart, causing all the students in the centre of the stage to raise their wands to their faces and began to glare at each other.

"Scared, Potter and Granger?" muttered Malfoy and Bulstrode so that Lockhart couldn't hear them.

"You wish," said the two Gryffindors out of the corner of their mouths.

They set their wands at the side, and they barely inclined their heads, not taking their eyes off each other. They turned and walked ten paces in separate directions and then whirled around with their wands pointing at each other.

"On the count of three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent -- only to disarm. We don't want any accidents here," shouted Lockart. "One, Two--"

"Everte Statum!" called the two Slytherins, starting on two before it gets to three.

The spell hit them so hard they felt as though they'd been hit over the head with a saucepan.

They stumbled, but everything seemed to be working, and wasting no time, Harry and Hermione pointed their wands straight at Malfoy and Bulstrode and shouted, "Rictusempra!"

A jet of silver light hit Malfoy and Bulstrode in the stomach, and they doubled up, wheezing.

End of Clip

Regis: Gonna be a big hit, no doubt about it, and it opens Friday, November 15th, so what are you going to do with your lives now? Are you going to school like you told us, and everything's quieting down until you start filming again?

Emma: Yeah.

Regis: Do you have a girlfriend yet?

Dan: I do.

Regis: Can you tell us about it?

Emma: No, he can't say the name because it's under the contract that we can't say whom we are dating.

Regis: Oh, thank heaven; otherwise, you wouldn't be hearing from any girls or boys, huh?

Kelly: I bet they are swarming.

Regis: And you have a lot of fanmail.

Dan: Yeah, that's probably one of the amazing things because on my birthday I got loads of presents and stuff it was really cool, but the effort, it's just unbelievable, and it's really cool.

Kelly: What about the cute little girl that plays Hermione Granger?

Regis: What about her? She's your counterpart. Come on, now, come clean, let's hear it.

(audience laughing)

Regis: You like to put the cloak on her too.

(audience laughing)

Dan: We're just friends!

Regis: Yeah, sure. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, you two, nice to have you two here. The movie Harry Potter and Hermione Granger: The Chamber of Secrets premieres tomorrow. Here's Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson!