Chapter 1

- Third person's pov -

A small girl runs through the streets of the Uchiha district, an excited grin on their face. Dodging people on the way, she runs towards the front gates of the district, her brother had just come home.

"Excuse me!" The girl shouts up to the gate keeper once she reaches the gate. "Has nīsan come yet?"

The guard looks down and smiles at the small girl. No older than four, the girl was advanced for her age. She was able to use complex sentences and was skilled at telling stories, something she used to entertain her twin when they were bored.

"You just missed him, Ava. He should be headed back to the main house." The gate keeper calls down to the girl.

Huffing in frustration, Ava shouts a quick thank you to the guard before turning around and running back home.

The girl was Ava Uchiha, the only daughter in the main branch. She was the youngest of the three children, her elder brother being Itachi Uchiha and her twin, older by an hour, Sasuke Uchiha. One would think that by being the youngest, there would be more security on her, especially since she had yet to begin her ninja training.

Unfortunately, there was none. The head was more partial towards his sons, favoriting them over his daughter. In response to that, Itachi had security on him until he graduated from the academy and Sasuke currently had two watching him while Ava, had none.

Her mother, Mikoto Uchiha, knew of this and worried about the girl, making sure that she never left the compound alone. She thought that would be enough, the clan did as well as they followed Mikoto's example and made sure she didn't leave the compound alone.

Ava knew about this. It would be hard not to when she was more observant for her age. It had been obvious that she wasn't being given the same care as her older brothers and yet, she didn't mind. The lack of security benefited her as their was no one to stop her from watching the older clan's members from training.

While she couldn't use the jutsus they used or preform the moves they did, she studied them so that she could learn. Using that as well as the exercises her mother gave her to start before her training began, she learned speed would be an asset to her.

Running through the legs of the adults and making sure to dodge venders, Ava arrived home. Opening the front door, she spotted Itachi's shoes next to Sasuke's. Grinning, she slipped off her own shoes before dashing through the house to find him. Unfortunately for her, Itachi had just finished meeting with their father.

Fugaku Uchiha was a traditional man. He expected his sons to be great warriors and to be obedient towards him. For his daughter, he expected her to speak when spoken to and to not make a disturbance. While he did expect her to become a warrior as well, just like the rest of the clansmen, he wanted her to learn the traditional ways of women as well.

So when Ava ran down the hall and into Itachi's legs in a fit of giggles, Fugaku was less than pleased.

"Ava." His stern voice echoed throughout the quiet hall.

Ava's shoulders tensed up at his voice. Stepping away from her older brother slowly, she turned to look at her father.

"Have you learned nothing from your mother?" Fugaku demanded, crossing his arms as he glared down at his daughter.

"No." Ava denies before quickly adding, "Mother has taught me much."

"Then put what you have learned into practice." He replies before turning his attention back to Itachi, his expression becoming less intense, "You're dismissed. Make sure Ava sees to practicing what she has learned."