Chapter 6

- Third person's pov -

The moment Ava spoke, the entire compound went haywire.

"Someone call for the main family!" An Uchiha shouts causing three to rush off.

At the same time, Itachi and Shisui approached Ava who was still confused as to what was happening. Although she didn't show it on her face, she wasn't in ROOT long enough to be able to hide the emotions from showing in her eyes. There was confusion and a bit of hope but there was still a guarded look in her eye.

The Uchiha that remained in the assembly hall approached the three, relieved expressions on their faces. A few had ink smudges on their faces as though they had slept on documents, but other than that they looked fine.

If one had to describe how those in the assembly hall felt, it would be relief. Ava was back, where she was they didn't know yet but, since Itachi and Shisui were the ones to find her, they'd find out soon.

The slamming open of the door caused everyone to turn and look. Mikoto stood there with tears in her eyes as she zeroed in on her daughter. Ava was two years older and wherever she had been had changed her. Mikoto could tell by the guarded look in her eye and how she held herself in a tense stance, one that would allow her to bolt at any given moment.

"Ava!" The voice of Sasuke shouts as he pops out from behind his mother, an excited smile on his face.

Rushing forwards, Sasuke tackles the girl in a hug. Ava tensed as he hugged her, her body locking up on itself as she looked at the smiling face of Sasuke. She knew who he was, he was her brother, her twin, and that was why she hadn't pushed him away. But, she couldn't seem to bring herself to hug him.

To those watching the two, they could see the conflict in the girl's eyes as she looked at her brother. Her body was stiff and her arms were frozen at her sides. In the time she was gone it looked as though she had lost how to interact with others.

Breaking the hug, Sasuke looks at Ava and his smiles dims slightly. Even if he didn't know the full story yet, he could tell her had changed. Before, she loved hugs, especially from him and Itachi, and would cling to them like a koala. Now though, she didn't do anything.

Just as he was about to question this, Fugaku walked in with the Hokage. To say those in the room were surprised would be a lie. Anything having to do with Ava's disappearance was done with the Hokage who made sure to help the clan. While things between the village and the clan were tense, the help and understanding of the Hokage had helped ease it.

"Where did you find her?" Fugaku asked as he looked over his daughter.

Itachi and Shisui glanced at each other for a moment before looking towards the clan head and the Hokage, both who stood waiting for an answer. At this, Ava turned her attention towards the two and saw who it was. Hearing the question she stepped forwards, drawing everyones attention to her. Once she knew they were looking, she stuck her tongue out at them.

On her tongue was a black seal, one that those of high rank were all to familiar with. An enraged look covered Fugaku's face while Mikoto looked as though she was about to break down crying.

"What is the meaning of this!" Fugaku shouts as he turned towards the Hokage who sported a sad expression. "Did you know of this!" He demanded.

At this point, Sasuke was very lost but could tell that where ever Ava was wasn't one he would want to visit.

"I did not." The Hokage speaks as he looked over Ava, noticing all the changes in personality that were identical with others who had been pulled out of ROOT. "I will call for him and demand an explanation."

"An explanation?!" Fugaku roars, this resulting in the ANBU shadowing the Hokage to appear. "All the proof is right there! Is there not going to be any punishment!"

The Hokage took a deep breath before speaking, already knowing the conversation was on thin ice. "I will have to hear his side before anything is to be decided."

At that, the Uchiha were pretty sure that Fugaku would've snapped if it hadn't been for Mikoto. She placed a hand on his shoulder and, while that wouldn't have stopped him, her angry aura did. Turning towards the Hokage, she lightly smiled but her eyes told another story.

"We understand Hokage-sama." Mikoto spoke, her anger clear in her voice. "We look forward to being invited to watch as the punishment is administered."

The Hokage merely nods, not wanting to correct Mikoto. Seeing as the room was becoming more tense and the clan looked about ready to declare war on just about anyone, he took his leave. Sparing one last glance at Ava, he left, his ANBU following him.

As soon as he was gone, Mikoto rushes over to Ava and begins to fret over her. She could tell it made her uneasy so she made sure to not crowd her, though it was hard as she wanted to squeeze her daughter in her arms.

At the same time, Fugaku waved over those who were previously in the assembly hall before Ava, Itachi, and Shisui arrived.

"If Danzō isn't punished, we will commence with the plan." Fugaku states, anger bubbling to the surface.

The others nod, already angry about the treatment they've been receiving for generations. If the Hokage didn't handle the matter with Danzō accordingly, there would be nothing to think about. It would be the final insult to the Uchiha clan. A coup d'etat would be all they could do.