Chapter 7

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." - Maya Angelou

- Third person's pov -

"So Ava, how was your day?" Inoichi Yamanaka asks, clipboard in hand as he waited for a response.

Ava shrugs and glances out the window. It had been a week since she had returned and Itachi thought it would be a good idea to enroll her into therapy. Mikoto was all for it though she didn't know how well it would go.

When she first arrived, they had tried everything they could think of to get the seal off of Ava but had not luck. Fugaku had brought a few Jōnin he knew and had them try to get rid of the seal as well, only for them to fail as well.

Since then, Fugaku had seen the therapy as useless since Ava couldn't talk about anything that happened but didn't try to stop his wife from taking her.

Inoichi sighs and scribbles a few words onto his clipboard. Looking towards the girl, he takes note of her posture. She was sitting on the window seat his office provided as she looked out. Her posture was laid back but the trained eye could catch how tense her shoulders were and how her body was positioned in a way that gave her easy access to run.

"Have you been talking more at home?" He tries again.

This time she nods and Inoichi lightly smiles; that was progress. They had been meeting everyday and yet this was the most direct answer he had gotten.

"Could you tell me who you're talking to?"

Ava was quiet for a moment before glancing over at Inoichi. Like she always did, she read his body language and debated whether or not to answer. To Ava, he seemed sincere but she still didn't know if she could trust him.

Inoichi watched as this happened, the act quickly becoming a sign that she was going to voice an answer.

"Sasuke. Itachi."

Another smile makes its way onto Inoichi's face as he writes down her answer. "That's good, do you play too?"

At this she shakes her head. Since getting back, Ava had mainly been getting used to being in a friendly environment where she wasn't going to be killed for stepping out of line. It would take time and they both knew this.

"You're mother says that you've been spending a lot of time training." Inoichi continues as he flips through his notes from previous sessions. "Have you been training with Sasuke and Itachi?"

To this she nods before looking back out the window. Inoichi hums and jots down a few more words before glancing at the clock and seeing they had another hour left in the session. Turning to a new page in his note book, he settled in for another hour.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

//Uchiha Assembly Hall//

Shouting fills the air as those present discuss the Hokage's decision regarding Danzō. After meeting with the man and the elders right after, it was decided there would be no punishment for Danzō and no reimbursement for the Uchiha Clan.

"This is an outrage!" A clansmen shouts, gaining everyone's attention. "Is it not enough that they seclude our clan on the outskirts and alienate us from the rest of the village? For them to do nothing when the culprit of the kidnapping of one of the main branch's children..."

Shouts of agreement fill the air, the tension inside the building slowing rising. At this point, Fugaku takes the rains of the meeting. Holding up a hand he silences everyone.

"I agree with you all." Fugaku says as he looks over his clansmen, "That is why we will be going through with the coup. In two weeks it shall commence."