murder god 🤯😱

L, Midoriya, and Todoroki rejoin the group in the common room, just as things are settling down. Kaminari's hair is slightly singed, and Ashido is hovering just behind him with a pair of scissors in hand. Iida, no longer twitching, hovers behind her, trying to grab them away from her before she can do any serious damage.

"Wait, where did you guys come from?" Ashido says, looking at the trio. She lowers her scissor hand slightly, giving Iida the opportunity to snatch them.

"It doesn't matter," L says. "Now, Light, I think it's time for you to tell us all the truth about your quirk."

"Do we have to do this right now, L?" Light groans, pulling off his blindfold.

"Guys, let's not fight any more tonight," Kirishima says. "The whole point of this was cheering Todoroki up, remember?"

"Actually, I don't really care," Todoroki says.

"What do you mean? Your dad died," Jirou says. "Like... eight hours ago."

"Yes, I know," he replies.

"I'm sorry, what? I'm kind of lost here," Uraraka says.

"Well, it all started many years ago... you guys know what quirk marriages are, right?"

"YES, we know what quirk marriages are," Sero groans.

"Dude, you do this every single time someone asks you 'what's wrong?'" Kaminari says.

"Todoroki, I thought we talked about the trauma dumping," Midoriya says.

"We don't have time for this," L turns his attention back to Light. "Light is lying about his quirk."

"Light is not lying about his quirk," Yaoyorozu says. "He's proved it many times."

"Yeah, you need to lay off him," Ojiro adds.

"No, L is telling the truth," Midoriya declares. "L was even telling the truth about Light being the murderer! Kacchan isn't killing people with his quirk, it's Light."

"You're saying Shitty Quirk is framing me?" Bakugou asks, finally showing interest in the conversation.

"Midoriya, I didn't think you would be foolish enough to join in L's ridiculous campaign," Iida chastises.

"Iida-kun, I know it might sound stupid, but it's the truth!"

"You know, L, I really hoped that you would leave these silly games behind us when we changed schools," Light sighs. "It's not very heroic to manipulate your classmates like this."

"It's not very heroic to lie about your quirk," L says. "We can play this game all day."

"You're just being a quirkist asshole!" Light yells. "Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not real."

"Yeah, this is really not cool," Hagakure says.

L walks towards Light until they're face to face.

"Leave Light alone, creep!" Misa yells, grabbing onto Light's arm.

Light shoves her away with a push of his shoulder, stepping into L's space.

"What are you going to do? Prove my quirk is fake?" Light sneers. "With what evidence? You won't even fight me."

I've won, Light thinks. They're all on my side. Everyone thinks that L is a discriminatory coward, and I'm just his poor victim.

"Oh, yeah? I won't fight you?"

"Yeah," Light shoots back, head held high.

"Guys, you really should—"

The next moment, L flings his foot into the air. Everyone's eyes follow the movement as if it was happening in slow motion. With a resounding crack, L's kick connects with Light's face, knocking him to the ground.