Ten.

10. FEVER

——

"you're here again?" you looked at draken who's leaning against your gate, he immediately smiled at you.

"how's sleep?"

the emotion on your eyes left again, walking pass by him, "worst. even worse than before."

he cleared his throat, suddenly don't know what to talk about. you were just about to go out, it's saturday, it was suppose to be a whole day date with mitsuya, but was he there? no.

instead of letting your eyes get swollen, you decided to just go to a library and read tragic books to have another reason for crying, because it's tiring to cry for the same reasons all over again.

draken followed behind you, hands hanging behind his nape, whistling. he doesn't say anything and do nothing.

once you got annoyed by his presence— since he's persistent and other than that he reminds you of your dumbest mistake— you turned to him, throwing dagger look, "what do you want?"

"so, where are we going?"

"what are you? dora? i'm not gonna go out and explore."

he scratched his cheek, "i'm bored. can't i at least keep you company?"

a swell of annoyance bloomed once again, you stomped your feet on the ground and glared at him. "that's nice, getting bored out of doing nothing. i hope i was on your shoes, because i'm really tired doing the same shit everyday and carrying the burden of that mistake every morning, everyday. you? why don't you try doing that?"

after hearing your outburst, draken took a step backwards, averting his gaze, "i regretted too, y/n. as if i didn't blame myself."

"you did?" you acted shocked, holding on your chest, "how come? i couldn't see that. show me."

"the least thing i can do to atone for it is to look after you, in the stead of mitsuya." he clicked his tongue and you snarled at him, you didn't want to start a fight but it feels like he's asking for it.

"oh yeah? did he told you he wanted you to be with me? because fuck that— if he likes you to look after me, if that's okay with him, then why did he left me? huh, why?"

"y/n, this is not about that—"

"then what is it about?"

his head hung long, lost of words, "i couldn't bare to show my face to mitsuya anymore, at least let me make sure you're at least safe, because if not, i would completely lose face."

"why? he doesn't care anymore, draken, so stop caring about it too."

you already drank two capsules of medicine yet it feels like it's not working at all. you stood up, feeling like your stomach was turned around, about to throw up. the cold hand towel on your forehead fell on your lap.

hina was alerted when she saw you get up of your bed, she held you on the shoulder, "does it hurt anywhere?"

"i'm so dizzy, i want to throw up."

she gave you a basin with water so you could throw up anytime. you absolutely felt bad for her, you asked her if you could look after you because you suddenly felt ill and she didn't even complain.

the thermometer on your armpit beeped, indicating that the temperature was recorder, hinata took it and look at it carefully. after she analyzed it, she placed her hand on your forehead and waited for a few second.